Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bramble on par new take - 'prickle' action
02-12-2013, 05:18 AM
RE: Bramble on par new take - 'prickle' action
This is the change that I initially hoped that they would go with. As it potentially increases tactical possibilities in some instances on both ends greatly and could just be "fun". (Though I worry it might trivialize some encounters actually making tactics less complex.)

I would suggest two things though:
1) A killed unit ought to be replaced by a 1HP barrier. This represents the damage being done by the thorns growing into the space. It's more for style and conceptual consistency, but those actually count for a lot. Smile

2) Thorns can't damage bases. (That would be easily OP.) This seems like a random addon unless you include #1. You can't grow a barrier into a base square so you naturally can't attack it either.

Maybe:
3) Even though I much prefer 3HP thorns (much more fun), the inability of soldiers to kill them probably makes this OP from the standpoint of taking out snipers. Both should be tested, but 2HP thorns makes more sense off-hand.

4) Too complicated, but: Ideally you'd only be able to do damage to a unit if it had thorns on either side of it (i.e. they could surround and crush). This would decrease OP sniper attacking. I think it would be much better tactically (as straight "prickle" is a little facile, whereas this requires some forethought). However, from an interface standpoint and I doubt A&A would allow it.

Ja Karta: Master League Long Shadow division
w/Niloc 1308 & Buzz Killingtun: Master League Hidden Owl & Proud Turtle divisions
Happy to accept friendlies! (Could use the practice. ; )
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bramble on par new take - 'prickle' action - Ja Karta - 02-12-2013 05:18 AM