Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Four Suggestions for Adam and Alex
01-30-2013, 10:41 AM
RE: Four Suggestions for Adam and Alex
(01-30-2013 08:49 AM)Harti Wrote:  I like your second and the last suggestion.

About the live game mode... yeah I'm not sure. I think that games might still take too long this way and I never have the feeling that I'd have a period of 3*20 (my turns) + 30*19 (enemy turns, worst case) minutes (= 10.5 hours) undisrupted time available.
I'd love to see something like that sometime along the way though, maybe that you do five turns in a row, then can but don't have to pause the game for a day. But I feel there's no real good way to implement such a thing. You could lower the base health but that'd throw over the complete strategy of the game and everybody would go for Mobi snipers maybe.

Yeah, you're right on the prolonged playing period in such a mode. It would be difficult, outside of the current 4 day turn modes, to provide a time-based turn mode which allows players to play through their turns in rapid succession without resorting to time-boxing them for a time period (and letting them have a real-life outside of that period). Perhaps there's another moderated technique which can help the players synchronize their game time so they're at their devices at the same time.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Four Suggestions for Adam and Alex - Huperniketes - 01-30-2013 10:41 AM