Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Gameplay Logistical Improvements
07-06-2012, 12:05 AM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2012 12:12 AM by timcoffman.)
Gameplay Logistical Improvements
Players almost universally expect to have the option to experiment before committing their actions.

The problem is the instant and irrevocable mode of taking actions. Every action is 100% committed as soon as you tap it.

The problem is, that's not how people actually play. For example, I tapped my Bombshell twice by accident, and suddenly I've lost two actions by mistake (transforming and un-transforming), with no logical reason why I can't just take back my move- I've not received any new secret information yet.

The interface needs to be completely reworked to allow you to take your moves back at any point UP UNTIL you've received new information, i.e. revealed a hex which you did not see before. This implies that you would need to confirm any action which DOES reveal a new hex, which is a much better mode of play than an optional confirm on move actions.
When the Bombshell displays possible targets, it reveals hidden opponents which are one step beyond your current field of vision.

Thus, I can identify the presence of any opponents just beyond my sight without using any Wits. I would expect this to be contrary to the designers' intentions.
During playback, there are two issues:
(1a) I don't care in the least when an opponent is making a move I can't see, so it's a waste of my time to show me an indicator about that. (1b)
(1b) The screen still scrolls around to the area where activity is taking place that I CAN'T SEE, giving my hidden information I shouldn't have.

(2) The replay should allow me to step forward and back in the play sequence by one move at a time. I cannot tell if it is actually doing that, because most of the time the fast-forward and rewind buttons seem to have no effect.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Gameplay Logistical Improvements - timcoffman - 07-06-2012 12:05 AM