Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why more players don't buy the Uber pack
12-06-2012, 12:46 AM
RE: Why more players don't buy the Uber pack
I don't know the answer to that - maybe they could let the paid players have longer timeouts (free players can only let a game sit for 48 hours - paid players 4 days) or make the leagues work better or give them a badge in the rankings to show to everyone that they paid for the extras.

It's a fine line between making it too blatant and doing it nicely, but I would think that adding leagues for each team might be a nice way to let people see who has paid for the teams in a similar way to how the bases let you know your opponent chose to spend some cash on the game.

I like the changes where people had to pay to get more game slots open - when it was a free for all - there were tons of new players that would start 20 games and then be gone the next day.

It's tricky to make it fun enough to encourage new players to join and decide that it's a fun game - so you don't want too many pay barriers - but you also need some real benefits to capture the people that are not used to spending. There will always be a large subset of people that disable in app purchase - so those people will never contribute to this game and the trick is allowing them to play without using too much server resources to require a few of us to fund things heavily through the existing IAP.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why more players don't buy the Uber pack - bmike - 12-06-2012 12:46 AM