Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Undo button until you press done
09-24-2012, 09:17 PM
RE: Undo button until you press done
(09-24-2012 01:12 PM)poweewee Wrote:  
(09-23-2012 02:47 AM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  Spawning requires 2 to 3 taps - I find a confirmation dialog for that a bit too much.

They could always put these under "options" so if its too troublesome for you, you could turn it off.

That's a valid argument in this discussion to the point of ridiculousness*, but the real question is: what's the default setting? Keep in mind that the vast majority of people will not change the default no matter how mad they get at that confirmation dialog.

*: "You tapped on your Spawn Space, are you sure you want to open the 'unit selection' window?", "You selected the Medic, are you sure about that?", "You tapped the 'OK'-button, are you sure you really want to build a Medic?", "You tapped on a Bombshell, are you sure you want to select this unit?", "You dragged the view of the map, are you sure about this?".
Okay, I might have gotten a bit carried away by these last few ... My message is this: there is a point where confirmation dialogs do more harm than good and implementing them but having them off by default will only help the informed and intelligent player.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Undo button until you press done - Kamikaze28 - 09-24-2012 09:17 PM