Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
P2 Avoiding Medic loss on Glitch and Peekaboo
02-23-2013, 08:55 PM
RE: P2 Avoiding Medic loss on Glitch and Peekaboo
You'll find that a lot of opening start off by opening with the runner. A lot of players to find out where discrete runners could be move their predeployed soldier forward for vision although personally I don't like that much. The main two I use are:

-move medic to spawn
-spawn runner
-move runner in front of medic
-boost runner/heavy
-move heavy wit space

This is the opening Ja Karta suggested which has the idea that if your opponent does take out your medic then you can follow it up with a scramble for some advantage. Boosting the runner means that your scrambler is completely safe when converting from that base-hugging hex. Boosting the Heavy is my favourite now though which I don't think I've posted a replay of. Having a 2hp boosted runner in that position will mean you will have to move it vs adorables (soldier hit-n-run) so if they choose not to kill your medic you could have problems. With a heavy boost you have to be careful not to have your scrambler caught out turn 5; on turn 3 P1 can spawn a runner and get it in range of the scrambler ready to kill it with another runner the next turn. In this case moving the pre-dep soldier after conversion solves this.

-move medic to spawn
-spawn soldier
-move soldier in front of medic
-heal heavy/soldier
-move heavy to wit space

Personally I use this opening way too much, I love that space for a soldier in particular as it's much less vulnerable to snipers later on. If the opponent takes out the medic revenge-killing the medic is a +0 and gives you the option of spawning and moving the medic to the other side but for cheaper.

@Ja Karta Nope your maths is right for not moving the medic, it makes it pointless to kill it. It derives you of a boost though as you say, so it isn't the most optimal move. Your opponent has a choice of killing it and if the choose not to (probably) you're slightly worse off.

There are lots of different opening variations btw, I try to mix it up still, but these are the ones I find most reliable.

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: P2 Avoiding Medic loss on Glitch and Peekaboo - Necrocat219 - 02-23-2013 08:55 PM