Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Anyone Changed An Initially Assigned League Yet?
07-07-2012, 12:52 AM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2012 12:59 AM by Harti.)
RE: Anyone Changed An Initially Assigned League Yet?
(07-07-2012 12:47 AM)ArtNJ Wrote:  I get the sense that people below your League count for little and the unranked count for less.

Yes that's quite obvious to be fair, but I think I beat roundabout 25 people from Gifted League as well. So that can't be it, it used to go way faster.

LOL, now I get it: "Waiting Star Division" - truestory.png

(07-07-2012 12:51 AM)Eijolend Wrote:  Yeah it would be great if we'd get an explanation how the league system actually works - I assume it's some kind of ELO with a confidence parameter or something.
(SC2, which obviously was the inspiration for this system, never officially answered how theirs worked in detail)

It's not ELO. The system assigns you a certain skill rating based on how you've done on your placement matches and adjusts the rating whenever you (get) beat (by) people from superior (inferior) leagues. OneManLeft's taken the SC2 approach pretty well and the points are a little add-on.

I do think that their thoughts behind the algorithm do somehow work but are currently behaving oddly. Luckily this all can be changed without an App Store update so I think it's gonna be fixed as soon as Alex arrives (and actually cares).

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone Changed An Initially Assigned League Yet? - Harti - 07-07-2012 12:52 AM