Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FTA / slow matchmaking / queue stacking
10-23-2012, 10:07 PM
RE: FTA / slow matchmaking / queue stacking
It is hard to tell that 3 wits for the first turn player or 8 wits for the second turn player can solve the First turn advantage. It may create the second turn advantage! I will support to allocate different points to the first/second turn player. If it is significant different different, it definitely encourage player to be a second turn player.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-23-2012, 10:23 PM (This post was last modified: 10-23-2012 10:30 PM by Ravernoth.)
(10-23-2012 10:03 PM)blckace Wrote:  
(10-23-2012 09:54 PM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  you can be p2 as p1 if you just take your wit space and pass your turn. even more wits than just being p2

Let's say p1 passes turn, on his second turn he'd have 10 wits
P2 with 8 wits probably spends 5 wits get position advantage and wit advantage on his second turn he'd have 9 wits
Game over for p1, please don't make hypothetical claims, p1 would be an idiot if he passes his first turn
@ravernoth you've got the math on your side, i looked up your post yesterday and i posted something because i was concerned about this then deleted it but it has come up again now and it may seem right but i just have a feeling that p2 would be invincible Smile

But shouldn't you be passing your first turn as P1 every time now and become P2 with 10 wits and even more invincible?

You see, it doesn't make sense. You already have access to a more extreme scenario in the current setup. And 8 wits is by all accounts working well in the beta.

Thinking of the turns and wits gets our minds pretty jumbled, but the math is not on anyone's side, it just is Smile
10-24-2012, 06:24 AM
Some people get confused by the talk about P1 passing their turn. To be clear: no one has ever suggested this is a good strategy!!! The whole point of the illustration is that even if you did make that silly choice, you'd still be better off than P2 (even if P2 gets 8 wits).

I for one would still prefer to be P1 when P2 gets 8 wits, but it's a good start at least. As Ravernoth elegantly demonstrated, under this fix the wit balance is about equal (though still in P1's favour on maps with two witpoints per player - i.e. large maps). But while this fix evens up the witcount on small maps, P1 will still have an initiative/unit count/map knowledge advantage.

If I was a developer I'd be looking at giving P2 9 witpoints. The beta fix is going down the right path at least - it solves 80% of the problem.

Talk of fixing the problem by adjusting the point allocation is not the right solution. It's like if your house foundations go wonky you start buying wonky furniture to make it look right. :-D
10-24-2012, 07:08 AM
Hopefully your thread slows down the repetitive FTA/queue-stacking complaints until the next patch comes out. It's pointless for people to keep discussing this when the fix is already in progress. Unfortunately not everyone is aware of this so... thanks for spreading awareness =)

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
10-24-2012, 07:50 AM
I probably haven't had P1 in 40 league games.... Seriously.

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
10-24-2012, 11:27 AM
(10-24-2012 06:24 AM)Joggies Wrote:  Some people get confused by the talk about P1 passing their turn. To be clear: no one has ever suggested this is a good strategy!!! The whole point of the illustration is that even if you did make that silly choice, you'd still be better off than P2 (even if P2 gets 8 wits).

I for one would still prefer to be P1 when P2 gets 8 wits, but it's a good start at least. As Ravernoth elegantly demonstrated, under this fix the wit balance is about equal (though still in P1's favour on maps with two witpoints per player - i.e. large maps). But while this fix evens up the witcount on small maps, P1 will still have an initiative/unit count/map knowledge advantage.

If I was a developer I'd be looking at giving P2 9 witpoints. The beta fix is going down the right path at least - it solves 80% of the problem.

Talk of fixing the problem by adjusting the point allocation is not the right solution. It's like if your house foundations go wonky you start buying wonky furniture to make it look right. :-D

yeah! We should pinpoint the cause of the FTA problem and fix it. I may tell 8 wits for the P2 is a good solution or not only in the next release because I haven't been choosen for a beta tester unfortunely. Wink