Poll: Have you ever played Hero Academy?
Yes - a lot
Yes - a little
No, never
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.71 Average
Have you ever played Hero Academy?
08-03-2012, 03:39 AM
Have you ever played Hero Academy?
I am curious about how many people in this community have also played a similar iOS asynch game, Hero Academy. So I'm taking a poll!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2012, 03:54 AM
RE: Have you ever played Hero Academy?
Downloaded it once, found the tutorial too annoying, never played afterwards. Now that I have outwitters I don't feel a pull to try it again and risk another time drain.
08-03-2012, 03:56 AM
I would encourage you to delete this thread and recreate it in the Poppycock forum which is meant for things that are neither related to Outwitters nor to Tilt to Live.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-03-2012, 04:06 AM
Seems appropriate to have it in the Outwitters forum if the goal is to see how much overlap there is between the Outwitters and Hero Academy communities. I know I'm curious.
08-03-2012, 04:09 AM
(08-03-2012 03:56 AM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  I would encourage you to delete this thread and recreate it in the Poppycock forum which is meant for things that are neither related to Outwitters nor to Tilt to Live.

I prefer to let it go the way of the dodo. Also other forums do not get nearly as much traffic as this one, which defeats the purpose of a poll.
08-03-2012, 04:10 AM
They are closely related games. The Outwitters thread on the Hero Academy forum has around 200 posts in it.
08-03-2012, 04:11 AM
Outwitters is an order of magnitude more accessible.
08-03-2012, 04:17 AM
They each have their pros and cons. I'm happy to be a huge fan of both. Smile
08-03-2012, 04:50 AM
I am a fan of both (TeckChavez on that game too if you want to play a match). Hero Academy has more of a chess feel and I think a little easier to master. Outwitters you have to deal with resources, the fog of war and the fact that a piece can only attack and move once per turn which I think has bit more of a learning curve.

I also like the fact that Outwitters has leagues and rankings which I think makes it a bit more complete.
08-03-2012, 04:58 AM
I played Hero Academy, but the unlimited ability to spend your moves on a single unit made it really challenging for me to predict my opponent's moves.

Also, it seemed like anytime I faced the horde I lost. I really disliked the ability that could move my units around. Seriously not cool.