Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Super-Titan Replay Discussion
07-28-2012, 03:09 AM
RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread
Thanks again to everyone who has contributed so far! Anyone have any good Glitch or Sweetie Plains Super-Titan vs Super-Titan replays though? We're kind of lacking in those at the moment =P

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-28-2012, 05:10 AM
Ok, here's a replay of my sneak attack win on Sweetie Plains.

blueswimmer95 v Sakhiel

I admit, it's not the best replay in terms of battling units (very little actually occurs), but it goes to show how the setup of this map allows for some sneaky strategies. In most my games on this map, the main battling occurs at the far wit space, for good reason. It is actually equally spaced from one team's base spawn and another's "auxiliary" spawn, so I actually think it is an incentive for offense. And comparing the two farther spawns, the offensive team is actually one hex closer to that wit space than the defensive team (10 vs 11, not sure if it matters though).

So in this game, my opponent and I both started defensive buildups on these wit spaces and offensive buildups at our non-base spawns. Around turn 12 though, I noticed he left the center of his base quite open so started planning to use a mobi to attempt a quick attack through the opening. I also saw his buildup was much superior to mine and I could not win a unit to unit battle. At the final turn, this is how our armies compared:
My army: 3 soldiers (unboosted, 1 w/ 2 health), 1 heavy, 1 medic, 3 runners, 2 sniper (boosted), 1 mobi
His army: 7 soldiers (4 boosted), 1 heavy, 2 medic, 2 runners, 1 mobi

He had a significant unit advantage, IMO. However, the game goes to show that to win, you don't always have to have a better army than your opponent, but find your opponent's weakest spot and have a better army there.

I'm not sure how many times I'll be able to pull this mobi trick (probably not anymore), but you should always be looking for the opportunity to exploit your opponent's weak spots.
07-28-2012, 01:48 PM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2012 11:52 PM by Syvan.)
I have a few more replays that might be interesting.

Since you requested Sweetie Pie, I'll start with this one. It's a good illustration of the action hotspots and at the end shows some of the ability of the Mobi to reshape the board.
Sweetie Pie - Macroego (S) v Syvan (A)

Next is Glitch showing the power of snipers to push the wit space from across the gap.
Glitch - Alvendor (A) v Syvan (A)

A match on Long nine illustrating heavy pressure to the top wit space requiring several challenging defensive choices.
Long nine Macroego (S) v Syvan (A)

A match on Peekaboo with some successful Mobi usage.
Peekaboo - Alvendor (A) v Syvan (A)

Here is an example of extremely challenging pressure on Foundry.
Foundry - Syvan (A) v Macroego (S)

Finally, a match on Sharkfood illustrating the power of the bombshell on such a small map.
Sharkfood island - Alvendor (S) v Syvan (A)

I'm happy to discuss any strategic oddities you see.
07-30-2012, 09:03 AM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2012 09:06 AM by Sugamichael.)
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIQCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YpM1uDA
Sugamichael vs i4jedi - sharkfood island

Quick win vs #1 super titan. Still masters
08-01-2012, 02:12 AM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2012 02:15 AM by wonderpug.)
Just wrapped up a really fun ST vs ST match on Long Nine, Adorables vs Fishfolk.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIQCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YpJVmDA

I don't want to spoil anything because it's a real nailbiter finish, but there were some really crucial plays toward the end.

Replay Link
08-02-2012, 08:29 AM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2012 08:33 AM by ArtNJ.)
Here is what I believe to be a very well played, very interesting Sharkfood game between myself and BlueSwimmer95, both Super Titans on the top 100 list.

ArtNJ v. BlueSwimmer95 on Sharkfood (Mobi-Mobi Battle)
08-02-2012, 08:33 AM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2012 08:34 AM by awpertunity.)
Here's a glitch game between rank 51 (kingtomi13) and 60 (awpertunity)

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIQCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Ylu5lDA

and a P2 win on sharkfood between same players
very close game, one blunder at the end followed by his perfect positioning of the second soldier cost me the game

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIQCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YjI5mDA
08-02-2012, 09:17 AM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2012 11:04 AM by Gneil.)
About 2 week old games on my way to st.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIQCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Ygq1UDA
Long nine

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIQCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y7uxTDA
Peekaboo

*edit
Made st that same day. I'm still green to the game so hit me up for some friendly matches.
08-02-2012, 10:24 AM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2012 10:36 AM by CombatEX.)
(08-02-2012 09:17 AM)Gneil Wrote:  About 2 week old games on my way to st.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIQCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Ygq1UDA
Long nine

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIQCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y7uxTDA
Peekaboo

Game1
Long nine

Game 2
Peekaboo

Hey everyone. I was wondering what people think about letting in replays where top Masters players beat highly ranked Super-Titans. Should I not accept them? Currently I've just been letting them in with an * to denote that they're not really ST vs ST. But I thought I should just clear this up now. I feel like I should just add them, but then it's always a question of where to draw the line. I don't like having to deal with each replay on a case by case basis so I thought I'd reach out for some outside opinions and reach a more specific guideline.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
08-02-2012, 02:01 PM
I don't think it's a big deal, the replays are still a good resource. Especially because many masters players who are besting sts will likely be up in st someday (for example rneilg)