Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to improve 2v2 random (with minimum effort)
05-04-2014, 01:09 AM
How to improve 2v2 random (with minimum effort)
1) after 102 h waiting for turn, turn is skipped instead of forfeit
- since you have random partner forgetting to take a turn, you get a tiny change of not losing a match, and maybe partner will return to game (after holiday or something)
- this would be great for arranged, too. Unintended forfeits are unpleasant.

2) not to match random teams against arranged
- because of tiny player pool, matchmaking has issues, but it would be fairer if all game modes had separate rankings and matchmakings, equals against equals much more often than now
- 2v2 matches take weeks to complete, separate player pools would get matches going on fast enough
- matchmaking needs improvements, but that's another topic
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2014, 01:12 AM
RE: How to improve 2v2 random (with minimum effort)
Choice 1

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
05-04-2014, 02:35 AM
I would say that it would be better if your partner times out, the loss doesn't count against you. Assuming your option 1 scenario, if your partner never comes back, you'd essentially be playing the whole game 1v2 and would be basically a loss.

[Image: sig.png]
05-04-2014, 03:02 AM
yeah, i think i suggested this several months ago but when your (random) partner times out, the partner loses twice the rating and you don't lose any.

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

[Image: sig.png]
05-04-2014, 03:05 AM
Option 3

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
05-04-2014, 04:01 AM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2014 04:02 AM by Juslas.)
I understand the eager to penalize players not doing their turn, especially on team match, but this has been talked before. My point tries to be POSITIVE in an unpleasant situation - team member forgetting or being unable to play. No need to argue if any reason is valid or not, I have played over 3 month lasting matches! I have been asked to postpone turn by opponent and team member alike, several times.
Skipped turn, if there are more than one, will evidently have same result as forced forfeit. Would it be better the remaining player has the option of doing voluntary forfeit. My experience is strongly behind my "point 1" Smile