Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noob Needs Answers to Possibly Dumb Questions
04-10-2014, 02:19 PM
Noob Needs Answers to Possibly Dumb Questions
Is there a unique strategy per team per stage? Or is it like you can use a similar plan for foundry and sweetie or glitch and peekaboo? I really don't understand this.

Also, what's the benefit of having a clan if ur reeeeeeally bad?

Thanks!

Once a Wolfpack, always a Wolfpack
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2014, 02:23 PM
RE: Noob Needs Answers to Possibly Dumb Questions
Clans can help improve your game. Smile

Live your life as more than plastic.
Find all posts by this user
04-10-2014, 06:44 PM
Some strategies apply to a specific race, some to a specific map and some ideas can be used in general. One example of the last is if you are in a situation in which you don't know what to do, a new 4hp soldier is rarely bad.

Soldier spam FTW
04-10-2014, 09:00 PM
Legacy - the majority of things I've gone over with you are general strategies and things to always keep in mind. If you want to learn race-specific or map-specific things, I'm probably not the best guy to help, but PM me or send me a friendly and I'll help as much as I can Smile

As far as clans go, joining one helps you connect with other players and learn their ideas and strategies. There's a LOT of strategy in the Dog Park, and I assume it's similar for other clans. It also helps you get more involved in the game and the community, with in-clan matches and clan battles. Also there's really no downside to joining Smile

GCID: FrozenNorthernKid
1v1, 2v2 w/baustin42, w/spacechef Gifted League
2v2 random, w/ Extreme Ghost, w/ izzilla Master League
------------------------------------------------
"So it goes." - Kurt Vonnegut, 'Slaughterhouse Five'
04-10-2014, 11:37 PM
I'm not one for personal benefit, I just like helping other people if I can. I'm more into creating a community that's friendly and competitive. Of course, by helping you get better you'll probably teach me something as well. For example, I just lost a 2v2 vs Demon and Extreme Ghost.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
04-11-2014, 01:26 AM
(04-10-2014 02:19 PM)LegacyofEight Wrote:  Is there a unique strategy per team per stage? Or is it like you can use a similar plan for foundry and sweetie or glitch and peekaboo? I really don't understand this.

I'd say yes, but there are usually several ways to go. I think the best way to learn map-specific and team-specific strategies would be to play against high Masters and STs and watching ST replays on OSN.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
04-11-2014, 06:17 AM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2014 06:38 AM by (Rone).)
(04-10-2014 11:37 PM)[PETA] Doodat Wrote:  I'm not one for personal benefit, I just like helping other people if I can.

Maybe your heart is in the right place and that is what your saying however the above quote is an Oxymoron.

If you can separate things in this game via categories I would say yeah there are map specific strategies, team specific strategies.

I think the above advice to join a clan is your best bet. Just make sure your clan is active.

I believe GG, wolfpack and DL are active.

P.S. To answer your question more directly without going into details, each map has their strong points and best ways to approach an advance. Each team has a general strategy in which to be played. Scallywag's can be most effective with defensive play. Mobi can be most effective offensively. Idk about feedback, maybe I could explain them as them needing a combination of both offensively and defensively at the given right time.

Proud Gifted League 1v1 http://osn.codepenguin.com/players/view/25336
[Image: sig.png]
04-11-2014, 06:33 AM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2014 06:33 AM by His_Daddy.)
(04-10-2014 09:00 PM)Demon Wrote:  There's a LOT of strategy in the Dog Park

I just happened to see this pic and then i saw your word, and now i can't stop laughing.

[Image: surprise-dog-300x286.jpg]

Fluffy League
04-11-2014, 08:02 AM
This might have come up in our last friendly, there are different strategies and styles of play in the different races. On glitch in particular it is best to be feedback, the reason for this is you can brainwash a unit at the bridge(middle of map) and kill a sniper

Master League poc 13 Master League

I'll be right back, I'm taking the kids to school
04-11-2014, 08:25 AM
(04-11-2014 08:02 AM)Poc 13 Wrote:  This might have come up in our last friendly, there are different strategies and styles of play in the different races. On glitch in particular it is best to be feedback, the reason for this is you can brainwash a unit at the bridge(middle of map) and kill a sniper

This is debatable, I think Scallies are pretty nice on this map, definitely at least par with Feedback.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38