Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing league repartition.
01-13-2014, 06:01 AM
RE: Changing league repartition.
Please keep in mind that folks in the lower tiers are probably new, or only casual players and they don't upload their replays to OSN. I wasn't even sure how to do it until I started coming to the forums and read all that I could, and had a few questions answered.

I play regularly with friends who don't use the forums, the OSN, and DON'T WANT TO....

Those that do don't know how or what to do. The help pages talk about a "long" press to copy replay, but it isn't very clear. I don't know if the help pages have been updated since OSN came into being, but perhaps some more info in the help pages would encourage more players to share replays with OSN.

The bell curve is almost always correct in pure statistics, so I would agree with that explanation.

Perhaps OneManLeft could allow OSN to get a data dump at the beginning of each season to update the OSN database? However, the data is OML's, and they have every right to keep it to themselves. If they did wish to share it they could easily do a weekly update to OSN.

The OSN information is only as good as the information it receives from players...GIGO (Garbage In Garbage Out). This is in NO way the fault of OSN. The OSN is doing an exceptional job, and I am very grateful for the work put in.

Question: When I upload my game against someone who has never uploaded do they then get added to the database?

didgeralien
[Image: sig.png]
...winter is coming...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-13-2014, 06:04 AM
No one said that OSN was doing a bad job or anything like that.
To answer your question, yes they would be added to the database, along with wetting else in there division.

01-13-2014, 06:07 AM
(01-13-2014 06:01 AM)didgeralien Wrote:  Question: When I upload my game against someone who has never uploaded do they then get added to the database?

yes

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
01-13-2014, 06:15 AM
(01-13-2014 06:01 AM)didgeralien Wrote:  Those that do don't know how or what to do. The help pages talk about a "long" press to copy replay, but it isn't very clear. I don't know if the help pages have been updated since OSN came into being, but perhaps some more info in the help pages would encourage more players to share replays with OSN.

Tangent here, but the help page is something that may need updating, or more visibility. I've had trouble finding information in the past, as a regular forum user. Just imagine what someone new could experience.

Live your life as more than plastic.
01-13-2014, 06:17 AM
I never disagreed with the fact that OSN's stats aren't totally accurate! And I never blamed OSN for that. ^^ But, even if we had very relevant stats, the part of gifted would still prove really big.

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

01-13-2014, 06:21 AM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2014 06:32 AM by Plasmaexe.)
Just realized my typo in that post, did mean to say most people had a score of 0 and only 13 people had above 0. I'm still a bit confused on how the leagues work, there's definitely more than one Gifted League league because I highly doubt I'm #1 in Gifted League league even though my score is at 263 and nearly 130 pts more than the 2nd place user.

I'm assuming there's more leagues for Fluffy League maybe? Or maybe it's just based on when you reached the tier and it just so happens only 63 people have recently played 5 ranked matches and became a Fluffy League rank and as a result got matched into the same league. Not a huge problem, but why not just make one leaderboard for each tier instead of multiple different ones? Sure ranking is mostly an indication of how much you play, but there's people with over 300 pts that I'd like to compare myself to anyway : v. I'm probably going a bit off topic though.

On topic, I only uploaded one match as a Fluffy League, I didn't really know there was an option to upload replays until I looked on these forums and asked. A lot of other people probably don't know either so I probably wouldn't base playerbase too much off of OSN. The statistics in each player also only assumes your record based off of videos you uploaded too (you probably upload more wins than you lose).
01-13-2014, 06:26 AM
Fluffies don't post replays, I assume.

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
01-13-2014, 06:27 AM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2014 06:28 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
(01-13-2014 06:21 AM)Plasmaexe Wrote:  Just realized my typo in that post, did mean to say most people had a score of 0 and only 13 people had above 0. I'm still a bit confused on how the leagues work, there's definitely more than one Gifted League league because I highly doubt I'm #1 in Gifted League league even though my score is at 263 and nearly 130 pts more than the 2nd place user.

I'm assuming there's more leagues for Fluffy League maybe? Or maybe it's just based on when you reached the tier and it just so happens only 63 people have recently played 5 ranked matches and became a Fluffy League rank and as a result got matched into the same league. Not a huge problem, but why not just make one leaderboard for each tier?

I think you need clarification on leagues. ^.^

You are #1 in your division. A division is only a group of 100 players of a tier, and division actually has no meaning, I mean, there is no better division than any other. There are currently 2500 gifted, so there are plenty of divisions for this league. You can't have a ranking with all the gifted players at the same time!

So what you saw in fluffy was that your division only got 13 active players out of 60. But there are not only 60 fluffy players ^^ I think that what happens n your division is representative of what happens in all fluffy's and clever's division.

Another thing I just remembered is that a year ago, there was WAY more divisions in fluffy (one year ago there was like 30 division, now there are 3) and clever written on OSN. The biggest part of the players was these two tiers. Just to tell how it has decreased. ^^

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)

01-13-2014, 06:27 AM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2014 06:29 AM by .Memories..)
(01-13-2014 06:21 AM)Plasmaexe Wrote:  Just realized my typo in that post, did mean to say most people had a score of 0 and only 13 people had above 0. I'm still a bit confused on how the leagues work, there's definitely more than one Gifted League league because I highly doubt I'm #1 in Gifted League league even though my score is at 263 and nearly 130 pts more than the 2nd place user.

I'm assuming there's more leagues for Fluffy League maybe? Or maybe it's just based on when you reached the tier and it just so happens only 63 people have recently played 5 ranked matches and became a Fluffy League rank and as a result got matched into the same league. Not a huge problem, but why not just make one leaderboard for each tier?

The word you're looking for is "division". Each league (Fluffy through Super-Titan) has multiple divisions.

OML has said in the past that they limit divisions to 100 players in order to not scare away casual players. For example, let's just say there are 1000 Fluffy players and you are ranked 700/1000. If there was ONE division, you would see that you are 700/1000. If there are TEN divisions, you could theoretically be anywhere from 1/100 to 100/100, depending on the other people in your division. The design is to not discourage new or casual players.

(01-13-2014 06:27 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  Another thing I just remembered is that a year ago, there was WAY more divisions in fluffy and clever written on OSN. The biggest part of the players was these two tiers. Just to tell how it has decreased. ^^

OML revamped the system after season 2, I believe. That's when Gifted became the "average" league.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
01-13-2014, 06:30 AM
Season 2 started more than a year ago, so what I remember is from Season 2. Smile

I remember this "year ago" because that's when I got to know OSN and go on it often.

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)