Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
Outwitters Map Creator 1.2
01-11-2013, 06:23 AM
RE: [NEW] Outwitters Map Creator 1.1
Actually, it might be me that can't see the changes because my peekaboo fork got 3 votes and has 4.5 stars. Unless there are some michievous outlaws fluctuating numbers, some people really like it.

GC: Great Wolf Sif
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2013, 06:43 AM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2013 06:49 AM by Harti.)
Nah, it's definitely ranked that high as it's a cool map. Not completely sure how much "Peekaboo" there's in it but due to the large obstacle barrier it's still some kind of peek-a-boo!

But I get your point, there are lots of hate raters around. I've noticed a decrease in average author ratings to whoever was on top of that list. It's kind of annoying... but not much you can do Smile

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
01-11-2013, 09:10 AM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2013 09:13 AM by ImperialSun.)
Here is a 3v1 map.

The Last Stronghold

No bombshells can be spawned.

Turn Order: Yellow, Blue, Green, Yellow, Red
Teams: Yellow vs Blue, Green, Red

Victory Condition
Yellow: Survive for 100 turns (can be adjusted based on difficulty, just a rough number for now)
Blue, Green, Red: Destroy Yellow's base

Players
Yellow (Scallywags)
Army Value: 124, Wits Per Turn: 11, Spawn Spaces: 6
The left side of your fortress is more vulnerable, but also more valuable. Most of your wit spaces are located there, but it is much harder to defend due to a lack of spawn spaces.

Red (Scallywags)
Army Value: 61, Wits Per Turn: 7, Spawn Spaces: 0
Though you cannot spawn any units, you are invaluable to the attack as you are the only one with access to bombshells. It may be a good idea to allow blue or green to take your wit spaces at some point.

Blue (Adorables)
Army Value: 10, Wits Per Turn: 7, Spawn Spaces: 3
Mobis will be key to taking out Yellow's bombshells as well as transporting units to the frontline as the attack moves further into the stronghold. Teleporting red's bombshells forward will also conserve time and wits.

Green (Feedback)
Army Value: 10, Wits Per Turn: 7, Spawn Spaces: 3
Though the scrambler is less useful than the mobi, your spawn spaces and army are closer to yellow's weak side. A well orchestrated offense will be difficult for yellow to hold due to the lack of spawn spaces on the left side of the fortress. A great reward awaits a skilled commander of the green army who can reach the Tree of Plenty.

[Image: 86.png]

Background
No one knows where the great stronghold came from. It's been there for as long as anyone can remember, a seemingly impenetrable fortress protecting its inhabitants from the harsh desert world beyond its walls. It was long believed that nothing existed outside of the stronghold and no one dared venture very far from the safety it provided. And why should they? The stronghold had two great trees that provided everything its inhabitants could ever need. The Tree of Plenty and the Tree of Life.

All was well until one day when they came. They were similar in every way except color, for they were red instead of yellow. However, their mission was not one of friendship, but of war. The power they possessed was unfathomable. Not only did they have mobile siege constructs, but also a creature with the ability to teleport allied troops, and another that could brainwash enemies. The battle outside the fortress was short and brutal. The peaceful defenders were greatly outmatched. Not only did they lack battle expertise, but also all the powerful tools of destruction possessed by their enemies. All hope was lost as the remaining defenders retreated into the stronghold. However, as the enemy reached the gates seemingly victorious, they were greeted with chaos. Much to the surprise of both aggressors and defenders, massive cannons emerged from the stronghold walls firing into the ranks of the would-be conquerors. Thus, the red, blue, and green armies were held at bay, for the moment.

-This is where you come in, the leader of the Yellow army, how long can you protect the stronghold?

Future
I plan to continue this series with more maps that will explore the origins of the stronghold, explain who the red scallywags and their blue and green compatriots are, as well as visit the reason the yellow team wins after surviving X turns (and what happens after this).
01-11-2013, 09:23 AM
Say if there is an island, and a mainland. There is a bramble on the island. There is one empty hex between island and mainland, and the bramble is on hex closest to mainland. Can bramble spawn(thorns) over the gap. Does bramble work by range.

Up for Friendliez! Gifted League GCID: braytos
01-11-2013, 09:39 AM
Just finished my first map The Simplicity

[Image: Screen+Shot+2013-01-11+at+3.20.00.png]

And here's another my first map Smile
Attack from the Rear
01-11-2013, 09:42 AM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2013 09:42 AM by QuantumApocalypse.)
(01-11-2013 09:23 AM)brayton Wrote:  Say if there is an island, and a mainland. There is a bramble on the island. There is one empty hex between island and mainland, and the bramble is on hex closest to mainland. Can bramble spawn(thorns) over the gap. Does bramble work by range.

Brambles can indeed spawn over a 1 unit gap. So long as the target space is within 2 spaces of the spawning Bramble/thorn

(01-11-2013 09:39 AM)burnodrod Wrote:  Just finished my first map The Simplicity

And here's another my first map Smile
Attack from the Rear
You can hit the small black button beside the author name to export the map as a png Wink
01-11-2013, 11:08 AM
Thanks quantum. I was womdering, since it might(definatly Big Grin) make bramble super overpowered in a map. I have a spawn that is on its own. Just an island spawn, with a gap of nothing 1 hex wide. Around it is the main battlefield. there is nothing connecting the spawn to the land. If unit isnt killed/teleported away you cant spawn any more.
This yields problems/epic special gameplay.
Bramble can spawn, can only be killed by sniper. It can also spread everywhere, clogging up battlefield. It can even clog enemy spawns.
Bombshell can spawn and be invincible(except to snipers and bombshells) and blast battlefield.
Sniper can be spawned.
If you spawn a mobi, you can port units from the island.
Sorry scrambler.

Up for Friendliez! Gifted League GCID: braytos
01-11-2013, 01:09 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2013 01:27 PM by bobolynx.)
ccant double click on ipod
@ brayton
if you have an enemy spawner close enough, you could make it so that you can snipe anything that spawns on the island from the mainland, making the advantage not too unfair (still kind of unfair) i was thinking a map like this would be fun, but it would be hard to make fair for scramblers.

iit would be nice to be able to comment on maps...
llol i didn't realize you made a map kind of like my back to back map harti! :/
01-11-2013, 01:27 PM
(01-11-2013 06:43 AM)Harti Wrote:  Nah, it's definitely ranked that high as it's a cool map. Not completely sure how much "Peekaboo" there's in it but due to the large obstacle barrier it's still some kind of peek-a-boo!

But I get your point, there are lots of hate raters around. I've noticed a decrease in average author ratings to whoever was on top of that list. It's kind of annoying... but not much you can do Smile

Actually, I only added two barriers and six frosted hexes. I just shuffled the bases, units, and other three barriers.

[Image: 74.png]

vs

[Image: 5.png]

GC: Great Wolf Sif
01-11-2013, 01:30 PM
RE: Outwitters Map Creator 1.1
also, with booster you can still mobi your guys in (dunno if it'd be worth it)