Thread Rating:
  • 25 Vote(s) - 3.64 Average
Tips for New Players
12-11-2012, 03:36 PM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2012 04:18 PM by joelduque.)
RE: Tips for New Players
While you are new, concentrate on playing only 1v1 against 2v2. 2v2 is more complex and requires good teamwork and communication. With limited game slots (of 5 games), it can get quite boring or even annoying to wait as long as 2 weeks to cycle through all 4 players. Smile

If you like the game, then purchase anything to bump the game limit up to 20. A specific purchase, the Game Limit Upgrade found at the in-app Store, can bump it up to 35 games! Smile

(Almost always,) boost your specials and snipers. Smile

Boost your soldiers. It gives your opponent less options and makes him/her spend more wits to kill your boosted soldier. Smile

Kill the unit you attacked on the same turn. Leaving an enemy unit with even 1 hp left can be healed by an enemy medic and/or deal damage on your units during the next turn. Smile

Guard the backdoor. You avoid losing through a rush. Smile

When rushed, snipers can be a lifesaver. Point-blank, they deal 3 damage the cheapest possible way. Smile

If you want to be really good at this game, you should be like a sponge. Absorb as much as you can from the forums, specifically this thread and the Super-Titan replay thread. I highly suggest being active at the forums. People here are really very helpful and nice. Smile

Don't be afraid to lose. We all learn (the most) from our mistakes (losses). Smile

Copy all your replays/link to a text editor. Post them on the Share Your Replays thread. Ask for suggestions on how you could have played better. Smile
Keep your important units out of the reach of the enemy units if you can not really afford losing them. Retreating a unit one or two hexes can buy you time to reinforce or shield them with other expendable units. Smile

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-20-2012, 08:34 AM
Are these tips in here somewhere?

1) Never use scouts as bodies for defense, they get killed easily, giving access to valuable units and your base.
2) If you anticipate your wit space will be taken the following turn, save one wit in your current turn because it makes recapturing the wit space easier, if you don't save at least one wit specially on small maps, when your opponent takes your space even if just for one turn, it will be severely crippling.
12-20-2012, 08:37 AM
@joel there so much smiley faces on your post. it can no longer be quoted xD

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
12-20-2012, 09:16 AM
(12-20-2012 08:34 AM)blckace Wrote:  Are these tips in here somewhere?

1) Never use scouts as bodies for defense, they get killed easily, giving access to valuable units and your base.

Don't forget the free Wit they give away when they die. It'll only cost your opponent 0-1 Wits total to kill a chump Runner.

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."
01-01-2013, 06:11 AM
I'm bored at my in laws, so have time to discuss my key to victory. Don't waste wits on moving your troops. Only move when you have to for a necessary defense of some location or you are attacking for victory. I often have 15 plus wits available for an assault. Also be careful about using a wit to medic up soldiers. I often run into an army of 4 strength soldiers when my army is full of 3 soldier. A 4 strength soldier is only good against troops that have snipers,heavies and runners.

Alanthefast
Super Titan - top 50
01-08-2013, 07:10 AM
What tutorial?? When I opened the app up yesterday for the first time I was only given the option to choose which type of game I wanted to play and when I started a non ranked game I just played and kinda had to guess at what the hell was going on. There is that little help page that tells you the basics but a guided tutorial with a bit of strategic hints woulda been nice.

Also, how long do people have to take their turn?? If this is like a words w friends or hero academy where players can take days between turns then that sucks because otherwise this seems like a really cool game. Is their some kinda game format where players must play through the entire game in one sitting because Id like to do that? Thanks
01-08-2013, 07:16 AM
(01-08-2013 07:10 AM)Dashbdash Wrote:  What tutorial?? When I opened the app up yesterday for the first time I was only given the option to choose which type of game I wanted to play and when I started a non ranked game I just played and kinda had to guess at what the hell was going on. There is that little help page that tells you the basics but a guided tutorial with a bit of strategic hints woulda been nice.

Also, how long do people have to take their turn?? If this is like a words w friends or hero academy where players can take days between turns then that sucks because otherwise this seems like a really cool game. Is their some kinda game format where players must play through the entire game in one sitting because Id like to do that? Thanks
you have 4 days to take your turn before you lose by default.
there is no such game format that allows you to play an entire game in one sitting.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
01-08-2013, 10:57 AM
Pass'n'Play with someone who needs you to drive them home.
01-09-2013, 10:50 AM
Is the share your replays thread also a critique thread? Looking thru it seems more like a "post your cool/interesting replays" thread. If I want critique is it better to just pm people?
01-09-2013, 11:07 AM
If you want critique you are probably better of joining a clan

Proud Member of the Diamond League!

Will Scramble for Wits - My journey in Outwitters

(12-29-2012 12:04 PM)worldfamous Wrote:  He probably only called scrambler gay because you penetrated him with it. Big Grin