Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Puzzle time
04-28-2013, 05:35 AM
RE: Puzzle time
(04-28-2013 05:19 AM)Gf!sh Wrote:  No, because his soldiers can't move, he can't swap them and kill the base in time.
Oh, true. So then, in that case...carry on...

GC: TheGreatAnt
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2013, 05:41 AM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2013 05:43 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
Yeah it's the only answer possible, but killing the medic isn't needed since you can simply hit the base with the runner, take it back and then hit the base with the soldier Smile Alvendor or powee, could you post your battle on osn or here? Wanna see it Tongue

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
04-28-2013, 06:17 AM
(04-28-2013 05:41 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  Yeah it's the only answer possible, but killing the medic isn't needed since you can simply hit the base with the runner, take it back and then hit the base with the soldier Smile Alvendor or powee, could you post your battle on osn or here? Wanna see it Tongue

You actually do need to kill the medic, otherwise he moves it next to the empty space (not actually touching the base) and moves his heavy to block the rest of the opening.

GC: bngn3000
Top 200:
1v1 ---> 70
2v2 ---> 50
They call me SuperFluffy!
04-28-2013, 06:20 AM
(04-28-2013 05:41 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  Yeah it's the only answer possible, but killing the medic isn't needed since you can simply hit the base with the runner, take it back and then hit the base with the soldier Smile Alvendor or powee, could you post your battle on osn or here? Wanna see it Tongue
Pacifist? Tongue

Once a master of nothing, now a noob to pretty much everything.
Hiatus resolved. I stalk these hallways again.
GC Silent_Dynasty because I'm indecisive and whatever ;u;
04-28-2013, 07:01 AM
Oh right I didn't look at the screen again Tongue
See wildtalon? Medics are always on our way, we have to kill them!

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
04-28-2013, 07:05 AM
Ah but that's no better than a Nazi saying, 'these people are in our way, we have to bomb them' Tongue

Once a master of nothing, now a noob to pretty much everything.
Hiatus resolved. I stalk these hallways again.
GC Silent_Dynasty because I'm indecisive and whatever ;u;
04-28-2013, 10:21 AM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2013 10:23 AM by harvarnold.)
For poweewee's:
Move 3hp soldier down 2 spaces (5 wits left)
Spawn runner at lower spawn and move directly north of 3hp soldier (3 wits left)
Move 4 hp soldier 3 space NE (2 wits left)
Hit base with runner (1 wit left)
Save remaining wit.

On Red's turn, they can't move either soldier, so they can only hit your base for two. On the next turn, you use your soldier and 2 runners to finish off his base with 2 wits to spare.

Good Puzzle.
Just realized bngn3000 beat me to it, but I didn't look at the answer.
04-28-2013, 12:19 PM
(04-28-2013 07:05 AM)Wildtalon1851 Wrote:  Ah but that's no better than a Nazi saying, 'these people are in our way, we have to bomb them' Tongue

The only difference is that people can't buff each other so 2 bombs are needed for each person.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
04-28-2013, 03:15 PM
(04-28-2013 05:04 AM)bngn3000 Wrote:  Spawn a runner(1) and use it(2) and your 3HP soldier(3) to block red's two attacking soldiers from moving. This keeps them from switching positions so the right red soldier can't hit the blue base. Move your sniper(4) and kill his medic so that it can't block your soldier's attack next turn. Push your top soldier into an attacking position(5) and hit his base with your top runner(6). Red cant stop you from attacking with both your spawn-blocking runners and the nearby soldier next turn. This is all supposing red doesn't have any sneaky units we can't see behind the heavy/medic.

The correct solution! Smile I don't think the medic has to be killed; I just have to rush the 4HP soldier three hexes northeast. Should be no problem attacking at the right side of the base.

I liked the puzzle because if I did this, then his two soldiers are trapped (!) and cannot switch to hit my base twice.

(04-28-2013 05:07 AM)TheGreatAnt Wrote:  He has two soldiers at the base, he needs to take out at least one of them to be able to survive to his next turn. The only option for the next turn is to take out 4hp soldier with two soldiers, spawn runner, and put soldier's health at 2.

Then the move after, move everything up and attack base.

Exactly what I did during the game. I eventually won, but I had to kick myself for missing the easy win.

(04-28-2013 05:41 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  Alvendor or powee, could you post your battle on osn or here? Wanna see it Tongue

Will post it in the super-titan replay thread.
04-28-2013, 07:06 PM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2013 07:09 PM by Alvendor.)
Yeah the game is now in the super titan thread. As for the move:

Retake top wit space with runner
Create a new runner and use that and the heavy to kill the soldier.
Move sniper one step towards the heavy

Now from reds point of view he knows everything except what I did with mobi and sniper. Most people would probably guess that blue either moved the sniper down left or moved the mobi up to defend. If red then for example:

Moves the heavy down to block.
Kills runner with soldier and moves next to base to prevent being blocked again
Mobi snipe the base but doesn't take the wit space as want to save mobi from heavy.

Now blue can move sniper again, shoot base and have enough wits to create a new sniper and kill the base with it.

But as the game unfolded: Poweewee knew I was capable of moving the sniper in range of his heavy so he moved out blind with the heavy and caught me. If he had discovered that my sniper had moved down instead he would have created a runner and blocked it.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Soldier spam FTW