One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Veggienauts - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Veggienauts (/showthread.php?tid=927)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Veggienauts - GreatGonzales - 11-21-2012 04:10 AM

(11-21-2012 03:52 AM)Gfich Wrote:  You can hear barriers being grown in the FOW (is this intentional?)

If this is true, I hope OML fixes it in a patch. That's not fair to veggie players.

RE: Veggienauts - aaronINdayton - 11-21-2012 04:29 AM

(11-21-2012 03:32 AM)Random Task Wrote:  We can see through our opponents bramble branches (see what is behind) as they do not block our view like other units

I thought I was in a game last night where I couldn't see through my opponent's branches with a runner.

RE: Veggienauts - Alvendor - 11-21-2012 04:31 AM

You can't see through branches...

RE: Veggienauts - Emuchu - 11-21-2012 04:43 AM

I thought it was odd, as well, that thorns make a sound from the fog (I'm gonna add this to the bug report thread). Also, from playing around, a bit...

Say I'm playing Feedback, and my opponent is playing Veggienauts. My opponent spawns Bramble and spreads thorns on top of my spawn. If I'm silly enough to scramble said spawn thorn (or any of his parents), have I just thrown the game?

RE: Veggienauts - Necrocat219 - 11-21-2012 05:07 AM

(11-21-2012 03:32 AM)Random Task Wrote:  We can see through our opponents bramble branches (see what is behind) as they do not block our view like other units

That wasn't the case in the beta, the barrier was treated as a unit of it's own. Please post a screenshot, you never know there might be a reason Tongue

RE: Veggienauts - TheGreatErenan - 11-21-2012 05:16 AM

Question (I'm not at my iPad now):

If you scramble a barrier and then kill the Bramble, do the brainwashed barriers get removed? Sorry if someone answered this and I didn't see it.

RE: Veggienauts - Gf!sh - 11-21-2012 05:18 AM

No, brainwashed barriers are independent from the Bramble.

Also, how can you brainwash something that doesn't even have a brain? Huh

RE: Veggienauts - the duck - 11-21-2012 05:34 AM

(11-21-2012 05:18 AM)Gfich Wrote:  No, brainwashed barriers are independent from the Bramble.

Also, how can you brainwash something that doesn't even have a brain? Huh

How can a care bar heal a robot by kissing it Tongue

RE: Veggienauts - aaronINdayton - 11-21-2012 05:36 AM

(11-21-2012 04:43 AM)Emuchu Wrote:  Say I'm playing Feedback, and my opponent is playing Veggienauts. My opponent spawns Bramble and spreads thorns on top of my spawn. If I'm silly enough to scramble said spawn thorn (or any of his parents), have I just thrown the game?

It seems like you would not be able to use that spawn space unless your opponent destroyed the branch on it, or it's parent branch which should destroy it also.

RE: Veggienauts - Emuchu - 11-21-2012 05:40 AM

(11-21-2012 05:16 AM)Erenan Wrote:  Question (I'm not at my iPad now):

If you scramble a barrier and then kill the Bramble, do the brainwashed barriers get removed? Sorry if someone answered this and I didn't see it.

Once you scramble a thorn, it detaches from Bramble as its own parent, basically. The Bramble no longer has any effect on the stolen thorn (and its children). You can kill the Bramble, Bramble can unroot, whatever, it's still yours.

It also has two weird side-effects:
1) The stolen thorn can continue to spawn new thorns, effectively giving the Feedback player their own (albeit permanently rooted) Bramble.
2) There's no way to remove your own spawned thorns, so if you accidentally convert one that's sitting on your Spawn, you can kiss your derriere goodbye!