One Man Left Studios Community Forums
observations about V1.2 and suggestions for V1.4 - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: observations about V1.2 and suggestions for V1.4 (/showthread.php?tid=917)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

observations about V1.2 and suggestions for V1.4 - =) Random Task (= - 11-20-2012 08:40 AM

1) wow thats cool
2) i get dizzy from the movement of the new spawn menu
3) how the hell do i spend all wits i have (after wit for kill) on the small map with one spawn point?
4) what am i doing?

I feel almost like a little child unpacking presents...

Here is a summary of all comments and change suggestions from all contributors to this thread:

suggested fixes from all thread posts:
> fix bramble root description text (current Text describes Scrambler)
> fix pause button in replay mode (works hit or miss less than 50% of times)
> give the option to view spawn menu without movement and with darker out of focus background to help players who get dizzy.
> make number of available wits visible when in spawn menu

Additional feature "wish list":
> Draw button
> optional confirmation dialog e.g. for unshelling Bombshell
> Next game button like in HA.
> Global rankings like in the Game Center, more statistics on player strength rating
> customizable avatar
> resend button if submission of turn failed
> show parent of selected friendly thorn for veggienaut players

RE: Update - initial observations - Eijolend - 11-20-2012 08:50 AM

Yeah very much 1) and even more 4)

RE: Update - initial observations - harvarnold - 11-20-2012 09:10 AM

I agree, the new spawn hurts my eyes. The new rules definitely promote early specials, particularly on the new 1 spawn map due to it's size.

RE: Update - initial observations - ishu76 - 11-20-2012 09:14 AM

The new spawn hurts my eyes too. The back menu goes blurry which makes m wanna throw up. I don't know what to do with the extra wits. Haven't used the special unit with veggienauts yet.

RE: Update - initial observations - blckace - 11-20-2012 09:17 AM

I love the new spawn menus personally

RE: Update - initial observations - Necrocat219 - 11-20-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:2) i get dizzy from the movement of the new spawn menu

Quote:The new spawn hurts my eyes too. The back menu goes blurry which makes m wanna throw up. I don't know what to do with the extra wits. Haven't used the special unit with veggienauts yet.

Quote:I agree, the new spawn hurts my eyes. The new rules definitely promote early specials, particularly on the new 1 spawn map due to it's size.

I did point it all out but not until after the update was submitted so it was too late Confused

RE: Update - initial observations - Alvendor - 11-20-2012 09:31 AM

Initial thoughts: love almost everything with it, but the spawn menu gives me flashbacks of being very very drunk

RE: Update - initial observations - JonB - 11-20-2012 10:03 AM

Soon we will be hearing about STA .. 8 just seems too many to me, brings out specials way too early.

Here is an idea for an in app purchase I'd pay for -- a functioning replay system! With brambles now it becomes much more important to see move by move replays, quickly, so that roots can be traced.

RE: Update - initial observations - Sasquatch - 11-20-2012 10:05 AM

8 is kinda ridiculous.... But the veggies are freaken awesome

RE: Update - initial observations - rnarvin - 11-20-2012 10:10 AM

BEfore I get to spawning it without using it, what exactly does a Bramble do? What are the benefits of using it? How can it's thorns help me win? Is it better than the other specials?