One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Global Outwitters League (GOL) - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Global Outwitters League (GOL) (/showthread.php?tid=868)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Global Outwitters League (GOL) - aaronINdayton - 12-28-2012 06:28 AM

Sweet!

RE: Global Outwitters League (GOL) - Szei - 12-28-2012 06:33 AM

(12-24-2012 10:15 PM)Gfich Wrote:  Guys, i've made a graph of Season 1 tracking the Top 10:

[Image: 0B94syJCq9dvpVGxZUEN2ZEc0Wmc?e=download&...eohtg2r2a0]

Is it possible you have this set to private or something? Or it could just be me, but I can't see the img even when I quoted you and copied the link.

RE: Global Outwitters League (GOL) - Gf!sh - 12-28-2012 07:14 AM

Should be working now Smile

RE: Global Outwitters League (GOL) - CombatEX - 01-26-2013 02:08 PM

That graph is awesome Gfich! Only saw it just now.

GOL Update
  • New schedule
  • Alternate qualification methods
  • Updated seasonal league champions
  • Season 1 & 2 Overview (wildcard winner)

RE: Global Outwitters League (GOL) - Gf!sh - 03-17-2013 10:25 PM

Update plz.

RE: Global Outwitters League (GOL) - CombatEX - 03-18-2013 02:36 PM

It's been updated.

RE: Global Outwitters League (GOL) - (Rone) - 06-04-2013 09:58 AM

Forth season started?

Maybe needs update?

RE: Global Outwitters League (GOL) - Szei - 06-05-2013 06:04 AM

It's nice to still see interest here. I'll try to get around to updating it but at this point I'm no longer sure I'll be continuing this. I haven't had much time recently and there are problems with hosting a tournament of this magnitude for this kind of game. That is, Outwitters is a slow game and many people lose interest after a few months. Even if they are still interested in the game as a whole, the time dedicated to continuing in a multi-month tournament may be less appealing for people without a reasonable incentive beyond the prestige of winning. If I were rich I'd like to have a few $1,000 dollars in the prize pool for this gem of a game. Unfortunately, I'm just a college student without that kind of disposable income. (I'm CombatEX by the way)

RE: Global Outwitters League (GOL) - GreatGonzales - 06-05-2013 06:28 AM

I've always found that invite-only tournaments are tough, since inevitably you are including people who aren't really "tournament people", or who otherwise aren't prepared for a many-month long commitment. But I like the idea, maybe we could do something smaller, like 8 person bracket or something.

RE: Global Outwitters League (GOL) - (Rone) - 06-05-2013 07:14 AM

Nah their would have to be some sort of discrepancy to define whom could join the 8 person bracket for a multiple month tourney. For example, a track record of how long a player has been playing.

(06-05-2013 06:04 AM)Szei Wrote:  It's nice to still see interest here. I'll try to get around to updating it but at this point I'm no longer sure I'll be continuing this. I haven't had much time recently and there are problems with hosting a tournament of this magnitude for this kind of game. That is, Outwitters is a slow game and many people lose interest after a few months. Even if they are still interested in the game as a whole, the time dedicated to continuing in a multi-month tournament may be less appealing for people without a reasonable incentive beyond the prestige of winning. If I were rich I'd like to have a few $1,000 dollars in the prize pool for this gem of a game. Unfortunately, I'm just a college student without that kind of disposable income. (I'm CombatEX by the way)

I found this post via your signature maybe it should be changed if your not continuing this tournament.
I understand if it has sentimental value, although it could be changed from a picture instead of a link.
I was wondering why it wasn't in Tourney Forums.