One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Lose vs Give Up - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Lose vs Give Up (/showthread.php?tid=756)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Lose vs Give Up - phaw law - 10-20-2012 02:41 AM

Is better to give up or wait for your opponent to defeat you (in terms of points)?
... that is of course if your defeat is inevitable and imminent...

RE: Lose vs Give Up - the duck - 10-20-2012 03:39 AM

(10-20-2012 02:41 AM)phaw law Wrote:  Is better to give up or wait for your opponent to defeat you (in terms of points)?
... that is of course if your defeat is inevitable and imminent...

The same thing.

RE: Lose vs Give Up - QuantumApocalypse - 10-20-2012 09:34 AM

They both result in a loss. The points are determined on your opponent, not the method you lose by, but if you are guaranteed to lose, prolonging your loss may prove worse in terms of your points/ranking, so you would probably be better off giving up if no hope is left.

RE: Lose vs Give Up - Phyresis - 10-20-2012 03:31 PM

I had a guy message me that he hates cowards who give up instead of losing the "fair way" he sent this after i gave up with a base with 2 hp on foundry, him with a soldier in my backdoor, and all my other units out of position.

RE: Lose vs Give Up - QuantumApocalypse - 10-20-2012 03:40 PM

(10-20-2012 03:31 PM)Phyresis Wrote:  I had a guy message me that he hates cowards who give up instead of losing the "fair way" he sent this after i gave up with a base with 2 hp on foundry, him with a soldier in my backdoor, and all my other units out of position.

Don't worry about people like them. They are usually the kind of people who spam chat with "hurry up" when you don't move within a few hours, and really just want the satisfaction of destroying a base.

Anyway, a win is a win; they should be content with it.

RE: Lose vs Give Up - Coolwhip18 - 10-20-2012 05:13 PM

Personally if I know I lost for sure I would give up only to open another game slot more quickly and start a new game. I would hope people would do the same for me.

RE: Lose vs Give Up - joelduque - 10-20-2012 05:35 PM

(10-20-2012 05:13 PM)Coolwhip18 Wrote:  Personally if I know I lost for sure I would give up only to open another game slot more quickly and start a new game. I would hope people would do the same for me.

I could not agree more.

RE: Lose vs Give Up - Phyresis - 10-21-2012 02:04 AM

(10-20-2012 05:35 PM)joelduque Wrote:  
(10-20-2012 05:13 PM)Coolwhip18 Wrote:  Personally if I know I lost for sure I would give up only to open another game slot more quickly and start a new game. I would hope people would do the same for me.

I could not agree more.

Same here.

RE: Lose vs Give Up - KMan 29 - 10-21-2012 02:28 AM

I wonder if the length of match adds/subtracts to points, i think are definitely more varibles besides the opponent alone.

Truly hypocritical... I like when an opponent gives up and I return to a fresh win, but the optimist in me does not like to give up. There is always hope that somebody will miss their opportunity by making some terrible move or just lose their phone entirely.

RE: Lose vs Give Up - pookywb - 10-21-2012 11:55 AM

The length of the match does not affect points.