One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Map-team preferences idea - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Map-team preferences idea (/showthread.php?tid=749)

Pages: 1 2

Map-team preferences idea - Promicide - 10-18-2012 02:19 AM

Just had a pretty cool idea. Hear me out:

On certain maps I personally fare better with certain teams, utilizing a specific special that has awesome chemistry on a specific map. I understand that the fact that you cannot select maps on ranked games, is part of the game. But get this: a setting that allows you to assign a specific team to whichever randomized map the game throws at you. I don't believe this would circumvent the "balance" or "fair play" aspects of the game and allows people to choose which tool is best for which environment. Let me know what ya think...

RE: Map-team preferences idea - TheQwertiest - 10-18-2012 02:28 AM

i think this is the main reason they dont let you choose maps. so you cant pick your tool for the environment. im fine with the randomness

RE: Map-team preferences idea - Fluffysox - 10-18-2012 04:13 AM

Who needs to choose when scallywags are best for everything?

RE: Map-team preferences idea - Promicide - 10-18-2012 06:43 AM

(10-18-2012 04:13 AM)Fluffysox Wrote:  Who needs to choose when scallywags are best for everything?

Good point.

RE: Map-team preferences idea - Promicide - 10-18-2012 07:45 AM

(10-18-2012 02:28 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  i think this is the main reason they dont let you choose maps. so you cant pick your tool for the environment. im fine with the randomness

I'm not suggesting choosing maps, only a setting that allows you to assign your preference of which team you will play as on each map. The randomness does suffice, but I didn't think it was too bad of an idea.

RE: Map-team preferences idea - Emuchu - 10-18-2012 04:43 PM

I personally think this would be a bad idea, and it's precisely because certain teams fare better on certain maps. For example, if I had control over what team to play on certain maps, I'd stop playing Adorables on Glitch and Foundry and bring Scallywags, instead. Part of the point in having no control over this is to avoid having mirror matches all the time -- once we determine which teams play well on which maps, we'd lose much of the variety of the game.

RE: Map-team preferences idea - garcia1000 - 10-18-2012 06:19 PM

Yep. Here's what I think of the maps and which teams do well on them.

Sharkfood Island: Scallywags
Peekaboo: Scallywags
Glitch: Scallywags
Long Nine: Scallywags, Adorables
Sweetie Plains: Adorables
Foundry: Player One

RE: Map-team preferences idea - Gf!sh - 10-18-2012 07:18 PM

(10-18-2012 06:19 PM)garcia1000 Wrote:  Yep. Here's what I think of the maps and which teams do well on them.

Sharkfood Island: Scallywags
Peekaboo: Scallywags
Glitch: Scallywags
Long Nine: Scallywags, Adorables
Sweetie Plains: Adorables
Foundry: Player One

I lol'ed so hard when i read the last line!

RE: Map-team preferences idea - Necrocat219 - 10-19-2012 05:21 AM

No mention of feedback? :0

RE: Map-team preferences idea - Emuchu - 10-19-2012 03:09 PM

(10-19-2012 05:21 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  No mention of feedback? :0

Haha, Feedback is a difficult team to place. On one hand, I don't see them very often at all in upper-Masters (slightly more common in 2v2), on the other, I don't play them, so I can't comment on them with any authority, and third, they don't have a Bombshell, so the entire forum is out to get 'em!