One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Super-Titan Replay Discussion - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Super-Titan Replay Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=417)

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - Norahsul - 07-31-2013 08:30 AM

(07-30-2013 02:45 PM)joelduque Wrote:  Please make this replay of the week: outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yl9_yAww

but why would realcato move the mobi right next to the scrambler?
just to regain the wit space?

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - joelduque - 07-31-2013 08:58 AM

Maybe he forgot about the scrambler. It is much easier to make mistakes and overlook some stuff when under pressure. Base attack and bonus space pressure.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - TheQwertiest - 07-31-2013 09:33 AM

I dont think he forgot about it. The scrambler should be in range of the mobi's vision. I guess he gave up?

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - Mag!cGuy - 08-07-2013 01:44 AM

Here is the most fun bo3 I've ever played, against the champion! Big Grin (played for the winner bracket final of the all rounds all stars tournament)

Mistakes and weird moves from both sides, but I've had so much fun playing these matches! They also help to understand how to counter the snipe opening, why mobi is certainly amazing and why scrambler is aswell. Tongue

1st game: It was a short one, I think poweewee was disadvantaged because of his early bramble, but he also did a strange turn 12 which kinda gave me the win. During the game I kicked myslef for not having done an early bombshell, it would have been devastating against his bramble.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YyuGABAw

2nd game: FvF, again! Tongue I did the sniper opening, and poweewee's answer was kinda the best he could do. People may wonder why I let him scramble my heavy and let my sniper die, but, let's analyze this:

If I got back my units, powee would have the whole map control, I would have wasted wits into moving my units, so he would have won a big trade simply by having created a scramby.
Whereas, if I let my units, he has two choices: get his scrambler back, and I'm the huge winner, cuz he wastes one wit and I still have the map control. Or, he can deal damages, and that's what he did, and again that was the best to do. Then I kill his scrambler for free, his heavy is not a problem but I end up a bit behind in unit count: okay, but I didn't have the choice. He also happened to waste two wits with his soldier at the left, because he didn't think I could defend like this. So, his counter to the sniper opening ended up as a fair trade, I think Smile

Huge attack done after, with powee defending extremely well butI had too many units and powee could only be overwhelmed.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y8PCDBAw

Third game: a very cool one! This time it was my counter to the sniper opening, with a huuuuge error from my part Tongue What gave me, I guess, the lead of the game is the turn where I killed his runner and sucked mine back: I got the map control and an unit lead. Then follows a back and forth battle, with, as I said above, some mistakes from both sides!
The end was fun, I don't understand some of his moves though, especially with his mobi! :/

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YmtaCBAw

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - Syvan - 08-07-2013 11:49 PM

I think this might be my first league game on Skullduggery. Doodat was nice enough to work me over with a ultra-fast mobi rush, so i was trying my best to prepare for that possibility.

In this game P1 goes for a slower mobi, which I demolish on turn 12. After I sent that turn, I thought I was certain to win in a couple turns.

He just keeps pushing and I'm pretty sure he could have check-mated me on turn 19 with a different move.

How did it go so badly for me? I suspect it's all due to a stupidly placed soldier at H1 on turn 4 (WTF was I thinking?). It didn't help that I made a couple other inefficient moves, but I thought for sure I had come out so far ahead there was no way for him to recover.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YlfyMBAw

Anyway, there are some nightmare defensive puzzles on turns 16 and 18 if anyone is entertained by those.

If you read the forums DeJosselin, gg. You taught me lots of important lessons about Skullduggery this match.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - TheQwertiest - 08-08-2013 12:13 AM

good to have you back! will look forward to your replays. Smile

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - [PETA] Cor13:4 - 08-08-2013 12:31 AM

And he's part of the GG Team =) We have some very fun and motivated people in our group (except me, I'm an Outwitter's bum)

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - [PETA] Doodat - 08-08-2013 01:16 AM

(08-07-2013 11:49 PM)Syvan Wrote:  I think this might be my first league game on Skullduggery. Doodat was nice enough to work me over with a ultra-fast mobi rush, so i was trying my best to prepare for that possibility.

In this game P1 goes for a slower mobi, which I demolish on turn 12. After I sent that turn, I thought I was certain to win in a couple turns.

He just keeps pushing and I'm pretty sure he could have check-mated me on turn 19 with a different move.

How did it go so badly for me? I suspect it's all due to a stupidly placed soldier at H1 on turn 4 (WTF was I thinking?). It didn't help that I made a couple other inefficient moves, but I thought for sure I had come out so far ahead there was no way for him to recover.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YlfyMBAw

Anyway, there are some nightmare defensive puzzles on turns 16 and 18 if anyone is entertained by those.

If you read the forums DeJosselin, gg. You taught me lots of important lessons about Skullduggery this match.

Haha np, good to see you back in league!

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - Pytosz - 08-10-2013 04:25 AM

Had to share it... My first win against ST Smile
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yy6yNBAw

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - fruit slicing master - 08-13-2013 04:03 AM

Thought I would share this since it'll be my last 1v1 league game for a little bit. I'm getting a little burnt out so just going to do friendlies and 2v2 and try all the teams. Very fun game Smile
GG alanthefast! If you read this, hit me up for a rematch haha

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y47OCBAw