One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Super-Titan Replay Discussion - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Super-Titan Replay Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=417)

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - Mag!cGuy - 07-23-2013 11:27 PM

Thank you very much trutchy! I didn't watch the replays yet, but I'm sure they will help me. I just get so easily overwhelmed by BS's, it's crazy Sad

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - [PETA] Cor13:4 - 07-23-2013 11:43 PM

(07-23-2013 11:41 AM)terenceshiu2005 Wrote:  
(07-21-2013 06:58 PM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  So, now, can someone explain me how BS is even counterable on these two maps?

http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YyNTrAww
http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YmvvpAww

I think you would feel better if you were using adorable. from my experience in Bombshell KID, it is hard for a feedback player to beat a scallywags player in most of the maps. but it is not impossible! the below is the replays on Sweet Tooth.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YwcXoAww

@Cor, you are the scallywags star

Scallywag star, hehe, this reminds me of that song:

Video killed the radio star,
He hit him on the head with his old guitar,
He tried to run away, but didn't get far,
That's how video killed the radio star

Playing against Joel on Skull Duggery I want to rename that:

Mobi killed the Scallywag star,
He hit him on the base with his sniper from afar,
He tried to block the alley, but didn't get far,
That's how the Mobi killed the Scallywag star

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - Thrutchy - 07-24-2013 01:33 AM

Haha! Great song! Yeah, adorables are king of skullduggery. But, I think feedback can do quite well on this map too.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - terenceshiu2005 - 07-24-2013 02:15 AM

Agree all that is good song & adorable is king of skullguggery ( and SFI) & feedback can do well!

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - [PETA] Doodat - 07-24-2013 02:17 AM

I think feedback is king of SFI. Scrambler>Mobi on that map IMO.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - L3R4T - 07-24-2013 05:27 AM

(07-23-2013 11:16 PM)Cor13:4 Wrote:  I'm playing against Joelduque on Skull Duggery also (like Mag!c just posted on the "Gardening" thread) where he's player 1, and honestly, I think Adorables is the king of Skull Duggery. With the teleportation to the top, it's pretty darn hard to beat, and as player 1, you can easily tap the base to 3 early on.

It's a real struggle for Scallywags and Veggies. Feedback might be OK, as they always have the scrambler if they can get one out in time.

I don't agree with you for Scallywags, as you can see in my last replay, they can win, and i have another one against Joelduque and poweewee at the same time on skullduggery both scally for me against adorables too.
It's not finished bot Joel had tried to be aggressive earlier compared to my last replay and Poweewee has been aggressive since first turn ^^

We will see what will be the results Wink
I don't understand why my post don't appear Sad

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - [PETA] Cor13:4 - 07-24-2013 06:21 AM

Yeah, I watched your replay, he wasn't nearly as aggressive as he was in my current game. I'll post my replay once it's done and maybe you can give me some tips.

I'm not saying Scallywags can never win, but if the Adorable player is player 1 and is aggressive, I find it very difficult to defend against.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - Thrutchy - 07-24-2013 06:47 AM

Here is a thread I posted a while back about aggressively rushing with mobi on skull duggery:

Mobi rushing on Skullduggery

It would be good to show some good counters to this. I think scallywags and veggies are the most disadvantaged with this rush. A scrambler should be able to handle it.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - burnodrod - 07-24-2013 07:41 AM

(07-21-2013 06:58 PM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  So, now, can someone explain me how BS is even counterable on these two maps?

http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YyNTrAww
http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YmvvpAww

Your losses have nothing to do with the opponent's BSs. He could play without them and would win anyway because you don't know how to use scramblers! You moved them all around the map and never used, oh, that's miserable!

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - Thrutchy - 07-24-2013 08:51 AM

(07-23-2013 11:27 PM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  Thank you very much trutchy! I didn't watch the replays yet, but I'm sure they will help me. I just get so easily overwhelmed by BS's, it's crazy Sad

You're welcome. I used to have a lot more anxiety when I spotted a bombshell. I still do when I'm surprised by one. The best solution for that is to regularly play scallywags and play them well. This will help a) predict where a bombshell might come out (to stop it from happening or to prevent surprises) and b) understand what gives them pressure or anxiety (i.e. scrambler fear, mobi-snipe out of nowhere, thorns picking off 1hp units). I think this is true for all teams/specials and even a no-special "team". That's a big reason I try to play all teams fairly equally. Veggies are where I need the most improvement. Since veggies are seldom played, I think someone who really mastered them could really do well because others don't know how their strategies and tactics work.