One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Super-Titan Replay Discussion - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Super-Titan Replay Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=417)

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - Mag!cGuy - 07-22-2013 04:24 AM

And my own consensus says feedback is underpowered against bombshel ^^'

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - Syvan - 07-22-2013 04:35 AM

(07-22-2013 04:06 AM)Gf!sh Wrote:  Well, while you were away, the general consensus since 1.2 (when the wit for kill was added) is that Adorables and feedback are generally as strong now.

It's probably evens the playing ground for Adorables since it eases aggression by a little bit, but it's hard to see how it improves Feedback in a meaningful way. At best a scrambler will be sac'd for each BS.

Has there been any attempt at quantifying the matchups among super titans? I couldn't find any posts by OML or Harti scraping the database. Maybe I will main scalliwags to see if they feel any less strong.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - Thrutchy - 07-22-2013 05:35 AM

(07-21-2013 06:58 PM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  So, now, can someone explain me how BS is even counterable on these two maps?

http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YyNTrAww
http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YmvvpAww

I find feedback to work quite well on both of these maps even against bombshells. The main problem I saw from your play in these games is that you weren't using your scramblers. Expect to use them and lose them. That's much better than not using them at all. Sometimes you can save one after a scramble and at that point you'll probably win. On 1-spawn maps, a lone sacrificial scramble attack and retreat of the new unit will put you up a unit each time - don't worry about the scrambler that is slaughtered.

Here is a very recent sweettooth practice game with 4 bombshells (at most 3 at one time):

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YvOjpAww

In the beginning I aggressively put my sniper on the front line to to prevent a bombshell from being placed on that middle spot next to the barricade. I kept pressure on his bombshells with multiple units in splash range and when he'd attack those weak units, I'd start scrambling. Usually I didn't try to take out the bombshells directly and instead focus on all of the support.

Here was another practice game on skull duggery where i squeaked by with feedback vs scallywags:

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yi5aMAww

A scrambler is quite useful on that alley in skull duggery when it gets clogged up with units. Plus you can save a scrambler sometimes in that alley after scrambling.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - TheQwertiest - 07-22-2013 06:48 AM

awesome games^

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - [PETA] Cor13:4 - 07-22-2013 11:39 PM

I didn't know AaronInDayton was playing again. I remember watching his replays when I first started playing. It's good to see him playing again.

I think Thrutchy is right. Think of bombshells as snipers. If you can get the advanced position first, then they can't place a sniper (bombshell) in the hex without you destroying it. With Feedback, it's even more distressing for the Scallywag player because if you can threaten a hex with even a possible Scrambler (even if it's just a blank hex he can't see that might have a scrambler), then the Scallywag player likely won't put a bombshell there. I'm not saying it's necessarily easy to get the advanced position, but with Feedback it's sometimes easier because of the threat of a scrambler.

BTW, why did blcace forfeit so soon on that Giltch game. It looked like he might have made a comeback with all those extra wits and scramblers.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - [PETA] Cor13:4 - 07-23-2013 02:15 AM

Please post your replay against LER4T when it's done, Poweewee!

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - blckace - 07-23-2013 02:51 AM

I posted above cor!

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - [PETA] Cor13:4 - 07-23-2013 02:57 AM

Oh, the burnout, I understand.
Actually, I tend to agree with Thrutchy also in that Sweet Tooth is very feedback friendly. The narrow width means you can traverse nearly the entire map with a scrambler in a turn, and the cooridoors mean you can often place scramblers where they are impossible to kill. Also, FoW is often blocked by the soldier walls, so it's hard for an opponent to really know where your scramblers are.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - terenceshiu2005 - 07-23-2013 11:41 AM

(07-21-2013 06:58 PM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  So, now, can someone explain me how BS is even counterable on these two maps?

http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YyNTrAww
http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YmvvpAww

I think you would feel better if you were using adorable. from my experience in Bombshell KID, it is hard for a feedback player to beat a scallywags player in most of the maps. but it is not impossible! the below is the replays on Sweet Tooth.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YwcXoAww

@Cor, you are the scallywags star

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - [PETA] Cor13:4 - 07-23-2013 11:16 PM

I'm playing against Joelduque on Skull Duggery also (like Mag!c just posted on the "Gardening" thread) where he's player 1, and honestly, I think Adorables is the king of Skull Duggery. With the teleportation to the top, it's pretty darn hard to beat, and as player 1, you can easily tap the base to 3 early on.

It's a real struggle for Scallywags and Veggies. Feedback might be OK, as they always have the scrambler if they can get one out in time.