One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Super-Titan Replay Discussion - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Super-Titan Replay Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=417)

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - Gavin Wins - 06-21-2013 05:22 AM

(06-17-2013 05:14 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  I'm playing like 20 games against joelduque in one week, the week before it was only against bombshell kid.. That's top 10 disadvantage, you only play with one or two players :/

This is pretty much why the top players go inactive. I haven't played 1v1 in months.

The climb is fun, but once you're in the top 10, you only play matches against the same 2-3 people over and over.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - Mag!cGuy - 06-21-2013 05:30 AM

Well, if all top 10 players could do like me, joel or now blckace, you wouldn't meet the same player since all would be active! You contribute to this by not playing Smile

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - terenceshiu2005 - 06-21-2013 03:45 PM

another good game with new extremely effective reaper opening, I could stop the rush, but missed a lot of wits. Also, it is similar to the Glitch/Reaper game I posted before, I had to beware the scramblers in the last part of the game and medic was my MVP again.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y9q_nAww

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - nezoshins - 06-21-2013 07:02 PM

(06-21-2013 03:25 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  I knew you would have a scrambler but really didn't expect such a nice move: I could absolutely not kill the scrambler! Don't think all the games against me are as easy as this one though, my turn where I spawned the sniper was completely desastrous Tongue

Looks like you are going to end me in 6 turns... You completely knew I had two runners there...

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - [PETA] Cor13:4 - 06-21-2013 11:50 PM

I could definitely see burnout once you get so high up. If you additionally also only play the same people then the game could easily turn stale.

One problem is that as you go up, your potential pool of matches becomes smaller just be nature of how the hidden ranking is probably implemented.

And, depending on what time of day you play, you also get matched with just a subset of those people.

It doesn't even matter that much if more of the top 10 people played, you'd probably still only play a few people over and over again.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - Mag!cGuy - 06-22-2013 01:07 AM

Revenge! Big Grin

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y89fnAww

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - lawtai - 06-22-2013 01:20 AM

bump!

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - [PETA] Cor13:4 - 06-22-2013 01:24 AM

Lawtai, why do you have to bump this thread, it's stickied!

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - Mag!cGuy - 06-22-2013 01:26 AM

Bump = that can fix the bug because of which the new posts don't appear. And, it worked, since I couldn't see my post!

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - [PETA] Cor13:4 - 06-22-2013 01:33 AM

Oh, that's great, I see. I always have to click on "reply" just to see the new posts.