One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Super-Titan Replay Discussion - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Super-Titan Replay Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=417)

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - Mag!cGuy - 05-18-2013 04:11 AM

We're at 5-1 for me at the moment, ALL the battles were interesting so I had to pick only one Tongue I think so yeah

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - Mag!cGuy - 05-24-2013 02:16 AM

This rush seemed to be liked on OSN, so I post it here! ^^

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y0snBAww

Well let's post the two other ones Tongue

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yg8TCAww

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yhei8Aww

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - Mag!cGuy - 05-25-2013 12:14 AM

Cool game with a very exciting ending, burno defended better than expected!

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y-P_IAww

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - GreatGonzales - 05-25-2013 12:27 PM

Drawn-out loss to Joelduque:

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YnoaRAww

I would like some feedback on this game. After Joel got himself set up on the right, I was at a loss for what I could do to stop him. He played a slow, safe strategy, and I felt ultimately powerless to stop him from an inevitable victory for at least half the game. Where did I go wrong, and could I have saved the situation? Try to keep fog of war in mind.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - TheQwertiest - 05-25-2013 01:42 PM

i think joels advantage started when he got control of the small path in the middle of the map. he now had an advantage in positioning and visibility. once he got his sniper in position it limited your good spots for positioning units. you also placed a soldier beside a wit space which makes it more effective for an attacker as they can do damage to your units as they take over your wit space.

having your mobi trapped in the backdoor also limited your possibilities for attacking and defending.
id say this is the typical way joel plays in glitch.. i know how you feel.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - Mag!cGuy - 05-25-2013 02:23 PM

I don't have the time to watch the replay now, but maybe this replay will help you to figure out what had to be done? ^^

http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yq8nAAww

Watched!
Turn 2: why did you place your medic here? A spawned runner can reach it. And, the problem is your opening. As P2 in glitch, you have to prevent an early sniper from coming in the center. If you look at my replay, you will see joel couldn' threaten me because my soldier took the control of the center! Another problem is that you didn't seem to have a plan, whereas joel did. Smile Your mobi was kinda useless in his hiding place and you could have killed the heavy and do something more to put him in difficulty! I know there was fog of war though, so it's harder, but don't hide yourself because you don't have the control, try to own it Smile

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - Alvendor - 05-26-2013 03:41 AM

Yeah I think the opening set you up for a loss. If I knew the opponent opened with a sniper I would do as magic guy did on turn 2 or put the solder southwest to the wit space to open up for my sniper later.

During the game you moved the medic 5 times, that is probably a problem.
On turn 10 I think you are better off letting him kill the sniper. That heal cost 3 wits as you have to move back with medic as well.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - Mag!cGuy - 05-30-2013 01:30 AM

Both games were pretty fun! I particulary want to highlight mastercaster who, each turn, defended better than expected!

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y_LXYAww

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YsPHGAww

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - Mag!cGuy - 05-31-2013 03:14 PM

Anybody wondering if LER4T is playing? He is! Extremely slowly, but he does play Tongue

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YkpHDAww

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - Mag!cGuy - 06-03-2013 01:46 AM

Seems I'm the only one posting here lol

Anyway, I proudly put this one here, cuz I finally managed to REALLY beat Terence. I brained him at the end aswell hihi Big Grin The first part is nothing interesting so just skip until you see a lot of units moving!

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Ymq_YAww