One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Super-Titan Replay Discussion - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Super-Titan Replay Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=417)

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - [PETA] Cor13:4 - 04-05-2013 03:02 AM

Torbek's game would have gone to his opponent if Sweet Tooth worked like other maps, where you can directly sniper the base over the bounds of the map. But unlike, SFI, this top hex can't hit the base. I think his opponent thought he could and would have won.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - joelduque - 04-08-2013 02:50 AM

Classic match between the BS and the mobi. Tight crannies slightly favor the BS. I knew that I had no hope of winning if I let ..Sir3.. fill his half of the Glitch map with multiple BSs. Very happy of this win. Did lots of opponent wit counting which especially helped me predict if a new BS could be placed on his side. Shameless plug: Please feature this game. Thanks! Smile

G as p1 win 47
..Sir3..
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yvp6fAww

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - GreatGonzales - 04-09-2013 12:59 AM

Great game Joel!

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - Xerozen - 04-09-2013 12:34 PM

(04-04-2013 09:46 AM)Torbreck Wrote:  End to end AvF game on sweet tooth

Could have gone either way...

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y4LaSAww

That game was nuts. Way to pull off the win!

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - ImperialSun - 04-11-2013 12:45 PM

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YpZGeAww

Maybe this was already posted in this thread but I didn't see it. Fast paced game with a lot of action and special usage.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - terenceshiu2005 - 04-15-2013 12:54 PM

(04-11-2013 12:45 PM)ImperialSun Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YpZGeAww

Maybe this was already posted in this thread but I didn't see it. Fast paced game with a lot of action and special usage.

I think if magic move the mobi + sniper at the top, and move up the heavy in turn 7, the result maybe different. Of course I can see the full map without frog now! Wink but unit count may help!
Another chance was in turn 11

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - Thrutchy - 04-16-2013 12:11 AM

This was a fun "blitz" game:

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yxe2LAww

Since we were in different timezones, blitz play didn't work out too well. There was only one stretch of turns in the middle where we were able to do a bunch of consecutive turns. Otherwise, we each did a turn at most once a day. For me, this made 60 seconds to do a turn quite difficult because I wasn't actively in the game and didn't remember what happened. I didn't even notice that I already knocked his base down to 2 during the middle of the game. I also have to admit that I didn't always follow the blitz 60-second rule - distractions from kids.

This is no simple sweetie rush. There is some nice scrambling action going on.

We also have another game going one that he is about to win that is even more interesting.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - ImperialSun - 04-16-2013 02:52 AM

(04-15-2013 12:54 PM)terenceshiu2005 Wrote:  
(04-11-2013 12:45 PM)ImperialSun Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YpZGeAww

I think if magic move the mobi + sniper at the top, and move up the heavy in turn 7, the result maybe different. Of course I can see the full map without frog now! Wink but unit count may help!

Wouldn't Magic lose on turn 10 though unless he can win on turn 9? If mobi sniper and heavy are all at the top, next turn sharu could kill the soldier with heavy and use his soldier to hit the base. Next turn heavy could hit the base and win. I don't think Magic could win on turn 9 because the sniper + soldier should be enough to stop it and sharu also had 10 wits on turn 8.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - Mag!cGuy - 04-16-2013 02:58 AM

(04-16-2013 02:52 AM)ImperialSun Wrote:  
(04-15-2013 12:54 PM)terenceshiu2005 Wrote:  

Wouldn't Magic lose on turn 10 though unless he can win on turn 9? If mobi sniper and heavy are all at the top, next turn sharu could kill the soldier with heavy and use his soldier to hit the base. Next turn heavy could hit the base and win. I don't think Magic could win on turn 9 because the sniper + soldier should be enough to stop it and sharu also had 10 wits on turn 8.

Wait, you aren't sharu? Tongue

Trutchy, i only watched the four first turns so far, and I'm wondering, why didn't you kill his heavy turn 4? And why didn't you kill the medic either? Smile

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - ImperialSun - 04-16-2013 03:03 AM

I don't think I am sharu or else that means I played myself in the original group stage of the world cup! Tongue Your post on the starcraft thread makes sense now! I thought you meant the guy with the green avatar was sharu. To answer your question, I did play before, but haven't for a lonnnng time.

(04-16-2013 02:58 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  Trutchy, i only watched the four first turns so far, and I'm wondering, why didn't you kill his heavy turn 4? And why didn't you kill the medic either? Smile

Why kill the medic? This is probably my biggest question I have regarding high level players. Why do you guys jump through hoops to kill the medic? When I was a beginner I used to jump at the opportunity to kill a medic, but I gradually realized this is usually not worthwhile and sometimes even detrimental. Trading a 1 hp runner for a medic within 3 spaces of the spawn is even in wits and in unit count. Trading a 2 hp runner (as you thrutchy would have had to do) is actually losing 1 wit for an even unit count trade. It is debatable trading a 1 hp runner early on and usually I think it's not worthwhile. Trading a 2 hp runner is even worse. The thing about trading a 1 hp runner is that you commit to spending 1 turn's spawn on a runner and sacrificing it while your opponent has the freedom to use that 1 spawn on anything. Basically you both lose 1 turn's worth of a spawn since you each lose a unit and you also both lose 3 wits, but the person losing the medic has more freedom of choice. We saw samura| use this to great effect against p1noyboy where he chose not to replace his medic and instead make an attacking unit to overwhelm his opponent. Of course, samura| also had the option to remake a medic if he felt that would have been a better decision.