One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Super-Titan Replay Discussion - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Super-Titan Replay Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=417)

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - Ludo_06 - 12-27-2012 08:44 AM

Super-Titan

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y0qmhAgw

Good drive to attack at the good moment

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - Exzachtlee - 12-27-2012 06:16 PM

Thanks garcia1000! I feel quite intelligent from having my games called instructive Tongue
I agree with you; it's scary how well this method works even when I don't seem to be gaining a clear advantage!

(12-26-2012 07:58 PM)QuantumApocalypse Wrote:  Hey there Tongue Got some games up with you! Hope you don't mind the mistakes, haven't played for over a month :/ Brushing up on the skills Big Grin
Hiya QuantumApocalypse! Those matches are turning out quite well. ^_^ I don't mind the mistakes at all. I make tons of my own mistakes all the time. I think we can all learn from our own mistakes, but more importantly, learn from each others mistakes!
You certainly seem to be brushing up quite well; I can't wait to see you when you're back in your prime! Tongue

Thanks for the clarification! What you said makes sense. Everything's so much easier when you can just program stuff to do what you want automatically! Big Grin
I also think that it would be inconvenient to have everything converted to OSN links. As much as I like OSN, when I use it, I find myself missing the awesome artwork that one sees in the in-game replay system :\
What I meant was that some two-way interchangeability between OSN links and original links is to be desired. After I posted my links on OSN from my iPod, I switched over to my computer to discuss my games on the forums ('cause I prefer to use a real keyboard to do my srs typing). I thought I could just visit the OSN website to retrieve my links in their original formats, but I couldn't figure out a way to do so besides examining whether or not the "outwitters://viewgame?id=..." links are directly converted into "http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/..." links (they appear to be so), and then realizing that even if it was so, then I would have to take all of the links and then switch the first parts of the links- which takes a while (not a terribly long while, but longer than it could be). So in the end, after getting a little frustrated and musing over the topics of programming and efficiency and so forth, I ended up just emailing myself the original links from my iPod and then opening up the email on my computer and posting them. (And here again, this didn't take a terribly long time, but it could have taken much less time, nonetheless.)
So, in essence, it's the lack of uniformity in links and lack of complete streamlined-ness of this forum that I've noticed. Not that they create much of an issue at all, but it'd be cool to fix them.
If I could, I would totally write up a program and try to fix them, but I can't do all that fancy stuff. Yet. Tongue

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - garcia1000 - 12-27-2012 06:56 PM

http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YsuqZAgw

This seems to be the closest try yet at beating Scallywags on Sharkfood, the game's very close. I improved my tactics on Sharkfood recently and almost never lose to a non-Scally team. I am proud of turn 28!

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - QuantumApocalypse - 12-27-2012 06:59 PM

(12-27-2012 06:16 PM)Exzachtlee Wrote:  Thanks for the clarification! What you said makes sense. Everything's so much easier when you can just program stuff to do what you want automatically! Big Grin
I also think that it would be inconvenient to have everything converted to OSN links. As much as I like OSN, when I use it, I find myself missing the awesome artwork that one sees in the in-game replay system :\
What I meant was that some two-way interchangeability between OSN links and original links is to be desired. After I posted my links on OSN from my iPod, I switched over to my computer to discuss my games on the forums ('cause I prefer to use a real keyboard to do my srs typing). I thought I could just visit the OSN website to retrieve my links in their original formats, but I couldn't figure out a way to do so besides examining whether or not the "outwitters://viewgame?id=..." links are directly converted into "http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/..." links (they appear to be so), and then realizing that even if it was so, then I would have to take all of the links and then switch the first parts of the links- which takes a while (not a terribly long while, but longer than it could be). So in the end, after getting a little frustrated and musing over the topics of programming and efficiency and so forth, I ended up just emailing myself the original links from my iPod and then opening up the email on my computer and posting them. (And here again, this didn't take a terribly long time, but it could have taken much less time, nonetheless.)
So, in essence, it's the lack of uniformity in links and lack of complete streamlined-ness of this forum that I've noticed. Not that they create much of an issue at all, but it'd be cool to fix them.
If I could, I would totally write up a program and try to fix them, but I can't do all that fancy stuff. Yet. Tongue

At the bottom left corner of your OSN replay is a small Outwitters icon. Tapping that takes you to the App (when tapped on your device) or you can right click it and hit "copy link address" to get the original outwitters:// link.

Also, at the bottom of your user CP is a 'notepad' where you can paste your links and then retrieve them anywhere.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - Alvendor - 12-27-2012 11:07 PM

Me and Sir3 battling on shark food

Shark Food - Sir3 (F) vs Alvendor (V)

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - laYahooz - 12-28-2012 12:12 PM

(12-27-2012 11:07 PM)Alvendor Wrote:  Me and Sir3 battling on shark food

That was a really cool game. Really shows that bramble isn't terrible on small maps. Thanks for sharing Smile

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - garcia1000 - 12-29-2012 01:59 AM

I know this doesn't affect anyone except for a few players at the top, but what do you guys think of having the matchmaking slowly loosen the rating bands, instead of suddenly releasing the band all at once after two days? 90% of my games are against the same two people

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - CombatEX - 12-29-2012 05:28 AM

I'd agree with that garcia1000. Makes more sense then pitting STs against clever and fluffy players anyway.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - Alvendor - 12-30-2012 10:13 PM

(12-28-2012 12:12 PM)laYahooz Wrote:  
(12-27-2012 11:07 PM)Alvendor Wrote:  Me and Sir3 battling on shark food

That was a really cool game. Really shows that bramble isn't terrible on small maps. Thanks for sharing Smile

Yeah, veggies isn't terrible against feedback at all. Some seems to think that the scrambler can always scramble a thorn and get a free brambler. That just isn't the case. I'll try to post more veggie replays as they seem to be in the minority.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - Gf!sh - 12-30-2012 11:03 PM

The problem with the free Brable is that you can't remove it...