One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Super-Titan Replay Discussion - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Super-Titan Replay Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=417)

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - Heycoolkidheycoolkidheycoolkid - 11-14-2012 02:55 PM

Heycoolkid vs ReggaeKing

[**] sharkfood - scallywags vs adorable

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - TheQwertiest - 11-15-2012 04:18 AM

(11-14-2012 02:55 PM)Heycoolkidheycoolkidheycoolkid Wrote:  Heycoolkid vs ReggaeKing

[**] sharkfood - scallywags vs adorable

awesome game heycoolkid
your name got stuck on my head.
at random moments my brain suddenly thinks heycoolkidheycoolkidheycoolkidheycoolkidheycoolkidheycoolkidheycoolkidheycoolkid​heycoolkidheycoolkidheycoolkidheycoolkidheycoolkidheycoolkidheycoolkidheycoolkid​heycoolkidheycoolkidheycoolkidheycoolkid.
help me...

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - =) Random Task (= - 11-15-2012 04:33 AM

(11-12-2012 12:43 PM)poweewee Wrote:  Hey, I just wanted to share this interesting replay:

Foundry
[***] joelduque (S) vs. poweewee (S)

Great back and forth game! I almost lost at the end because of some miscues. However, there was a move on TURN 20 that assured me of a win, but I realized it too late. You might want to try it out. I would have had 6 wits then. Big Grin

Wow cool game and great turnaround win. Turn 20 situation was very interesting!!
Its typical that we get too focussed to where the opponent has his units particularly if they are so close to your base.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - GreatGonzales - 11-15-2012 10:46 AM

I've been stomping randoms recently as I impatiently await the update, and I happened to be matched with wonderpug. It was a fun game, with solid play on both sides. Feedback vs scallywags on peekaboo. I say solid play..except on turn 50 I made a reckless move with my scrambler that, had wonderpug reacted in a certain way, would have spelled my doom. Fortunately he didn't see it until it was too late! Anyway, Gg wonderpug.

[**] wonderpug (S) vs GreatGonzales (F)

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - blckace - 11-15-2012 12:06 PM

(11-15-2012 10:46 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  I've been stomping randoms recently as I impatiently await the update, and I happened to be matched with wonderpug. It was a fun game, with solid play on both sides. Feedback vs scallywags on peekaboo. I say solid play..except on turn 50 I made a reckless move with my scrambler that, had wonderpug reacted in a certain way, would have spelled my doom. Fortunately he didn't see it until it was too late! Anyway, Gg wonderpug.

Misclicked done on turn 30? Tongue
I wonder why did he give up the last turn? Could have stopped you if he spawned a scout instead of BS in the last turn

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - GreatGonzales - 11-15-2012 12:15 PM

(11-15-2012 12:06 PM)blckace Wrote:  
(11-15-2012 10:46 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  I've been stomping randoms recently as I impatiently await the update, and I happened to be matched with wonderpug. It was a fun game, with solid play on both sides. Feedback vs scallywags on peekaboo. I say solid play..except on turn 50 I made a reckless move with my scrambler that, had wonderpug reacted in a certain way, would have spelled my doom. Fortunately he didn't see it until it was too late! Anyway, Gg wonderpug.

Misclicked done on turn 30? Tongue
I wonder why did he give up the last turn? Could have stopped you if he spawned a scout instead of BS in the last turn

Yes, he could have repelled my attack with ease - 7 wits to be exact. But I guess he felt he might as well give up with his base at 1 hp? I had the same reaction, though.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - wonderpug - 11-15-2012 05:17 PM

On that last turn, the last 7 wits of mine weren't free for me to use. Gonzales had accidentally passed a turn before doing any moves earlier in the match, so we were both just remembering not to use the wits from that turn for the rest of the match. All I really had was 5 wits, which wasn't enough to stop Gonzales from taking off that last 1hp on my base, so I decided to 'cheat' with those unusable 7 wits in order to do something silly.

I really did drop the ball on that late turn, though. I had quite a few (usable) wits banked, but I got mind-weary trying to figure out the best way to react, and moved my units in a poor order. Had I done things a little smarter, I would've been able to nab his scrambler. I'd still have gotten wounded some other way, but he wouldn't have been able to do as decisive a move.

We were both kind of startled to be matched against each other. Gonzales was stomping randoms, as he mentioned, and I was just trying to experiment with Scallywags since I've hadn't really tried using them much before.

I thought the early turns were particularly interesting. At first I wasn't sure how my losing two bombshells to his one scrambler didn't leave me at a bigger disadvantage (we seemed to be pretty even after the exchange), but I think all the extra movement he had to do to both get to my territory and support his scrambler must have added up to what I spent on bombshell # 2, more or less.

Very fun match, though. Expect a rematch invite to come your way as soon as the new team hits. Smile

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - blckace - 11-15-2012 05:43 PM

Thanks for clearing that up, and I was wondering why you were using scallywags and thinking to myself everyone is using scallywags now but turns out you were just experimenting Tongue I love your mobi replays btw

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - GreatGonzales - 11-16-2012 12:44 AM

(11-15-2012 05:17 PM)wonderpug Wrote:  On that last turn, the last 7 wits of mine weren't free for me to use. Gonzales had accidentally passed a turn before doing any moves earlier in the match, so we were both just remembering not to use the wits from that turn for the rest of the match. All I really had was 5 wits, which wasn't enough to stop Gonzales from taking off that last 1hp on my base, so I decided to 'cheat' with those unusable 7 wits in order to do something silly.

Ohhh! Of course, duh. Forgot about that.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - Pharmafan - 11-19-2012 09:15 AM

GeneralTso vs. pharmafan