One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Super-Titan Replay Discussion - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Super-Titan Replay Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=417)

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - blckace - 10-27-2012 03:37 AM

(10-27-2012 03:30 AM)joelduque Wrote:  
(10-27-2012 02:40 AM)blckace Wrote:  Cool game against garcia10000, i don't think i played very well but excellent defense from garcia

Replay

This could be a fun puzzle, I missed a great offensive move turn 18, can you be a supertitan and spot it? I had 9 wits that turn, my prediction is it would have won me the game

Make another scrambler, boost it and move behind the lower soldier? More clues please.

Not another scrambler but i can't give more hints Big Grin

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - Gf!sh - 10-27-2012 03:38 AM

(10-27-2012 02:40 AM)blckace Wrote:  Cool game against garcia10000, i don't think i played very well but excellent defense from garcia

Replay

This could be a fun puzzle, I missed a great offensive move turn 18, can you be a supertitan and spot it? I had 9 wits that turn, my prediction is it would have won me the game

For the developers turn 62 i got 7 wits instead of the supposed 6 because he took control of my wit space, it's why i resigned, probably would have frustrated someone if it was a league game

you were supposed to have 8 wits at turn 18, the beta 'leaked' again at turn 10, giving you a additional wit on killing the runner.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - blckace - 10-27-2012 03:49 AM

Neither of us is in the beta i think, and i would have noticed if i got additional wits from a kill, recount the wits if you like the only error on my side is turn 62 i got one additional wit

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - joelduque - 10-27-2012 04:06 AM

(10-27-2012 03:37 AM)blckace Wrote:  

Replay

Make another scrambler, boost it and move behind the lower soldier? More clues please.

Is this in beta where +1 wit for kill applies?

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - CombatEX - 10-27-2012 04:10 AM

It's not a beta game.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - Gf!sh - 10-27-2012 04:12 AM

Nevertheless, he was supposed to have 8 wits on turn 18 instead of 9 like he said.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - blckace - 10-27-2012 04:20 AM

(10-27-2012 04:12 AM)Gfich Wrote:  Nevertheless, he was supposed to have 8 wits on turn 18 instead of 9 like he said.

I said I had 9 wits as in me not him Sad noone mentioned his wits!

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - Eijolend - 10-27-2012 06:04 AM

I think I have found another 2 interesting games:

Glitch
[*] Coolwhip18 (S) vs Eijolend (F)
Coolwhip opens with an early Bombshell and puts me on the defense from the start. Even though I lose my wit space early in the bombardment, my Scrambler lets me make an offensive move exploiting my opponent's focus on the other side of the map - and not even his 7 over my 5 wits/turn can help with that backdoor.

Sharkfood Island
[*] Bad Herr Day (S) vs Eijolend (S)
War of the Bombshells! My opponent sets up his bombshell a bit earlier and gets to position it better. Some exchanges later, in which I managed to get him under control but losing base health in the process, I finally manage to successfully assault his bombshell, but a runner manages to abuse my now wide open base. - Close Game!

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - joelduque - 10-27-2012 06:17 AM

(10-27-2012 03:37 AM)blckace Wrote:  

Replay

Here's my second try: 9 of 9 wits used
Move heavy to the hex above the runner and kill it. (2 wits)
Move scrambler to where runner was and brainwash the 4hp soldier. (2)
Attack the 3hp soldier below with the traitor soldier then move away. (2)
Move a soldier next to the 1hp soldier to kill it. (2)
Move other 3hp soldier and occupy bonus space. (1)

Hope I got it. Nice puzzle btw. Maybe slightly off topic, apologies in advance to thread master and other forum mates. Smile

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - blckace - 10-27-2012 06:30 AM

@Joel

nice try but that would mean I lose my scrambler and heavy and a three hp soldier

The correct answer is
kill his scout with my scout the one about heavy (2)
move scrambler in that empty tile above heavy (1)
make wall infront of my sniper with the three soldiers above (3)
move sniper (1)
then pass the turn that would leave me with 9 wits next turn

An unstoppable advantage!