One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Question about game ending - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Question about game ending (/showthread.php?tid=3746)

Question about game ending - Tsrex - 07-12-2014 02:54 AM

I just played a game and was wondering at its outcome. It seems that either my opponent hit my base with a sniper and did so by shooting "through" my blocking pieces or "over" a barricade in front of my base (on Sharkfood Island). I was wondering whether this was legit...I thought I had blocked my base appropriately (but if I hadn't, it would be good to know for the future). Below is the link to the replay (if I captured it correctly). Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance!

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA2vCGuQoM

Best,
TyShaunaSaurusRex

RE: Question about game ending - lawtai - 07-12-2014 02:58 AM

Yes, that's a legitimate spot to hit the base. What he's actually doing is shooting over the water and hitting you above the barrel.

The same is true on the map Skull Duggery.

You just have to be careful of the snipe or Bombshell reaching that spot as you can't block the hit to your base.

RE: Question about game ending - Tsrex - 07-12-2014 03:06 AM

Thank you lawtai! I had no idea. Good to know moving forward.

RE: Question about game ending - TheGreatErenan - 07-12-2014 05:20 AM

Also good to know is that your sniper can't shoot the base over the edge of the map on Sweet Tooth, even though it looks as though you ought to be able to.

RE: Question about game ending - [PETA] Doodat - 07-13-2014 01:04 AM

Although the thing for Sharkfood island also applies to Skullduggery, the mid top hex can sniper shot the base even with units in front.

Lol just noticed that lawtai already said this

RE: Question about game ending - Tsrex - 07-13-2014 01:10 AM

Thx for all the tips everyone!

RE: Question about game ending - Extreme Ghost - 07-13-2014 02:17 AM

It doesn't work on reaper either in the bottom corner if you try shooting around the heavie either even tho you should be able to since it's in distance XD (learned that the hard wayXD)

RE: Question about game ending - amoffett11 - 07-13-2014 06:28 AM

(07-13-2014 02:17 AM)Extreme Ghost Wrote:  It doesn't work on reaper either in the bottom corner if you try shooting around the heavie either even tho you should be able to since it's in distance XD (learned that the hard wayXD)

Not really though, because there's a bush in the way. Snipers can shoot three spaces, but they can't shoot 3 spaces around something if it's right on huge other side, if you know what I'm saying