One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Confirm dialog improvements - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Confirm dialog improvements (/showthread.php?tid=3036)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Confirm dialog improvements - ElPared - 01-31-2014 12:30 PM

Tons on confirm popups could become annoying, so they definitely should have a toggle for them.

I would support confirm dialogues for the following actions (all toggle-able):
-Spawn unit
-Attack
-Done (only when you still have wits)

I feel like most errors are misclicks so a lot of them can be prevented with those actions requiring confirmation.

I'd support the breathalyzer option too, but that seems like it'd be a good jailbreak tweak rather than an addition to the game. There's already a third party breathalyzer attachment you can put on your device (comes with an app so u can test if you're good to drive), so it wouldn't be terribly hard to develop a tweak that locks your apps unless you pass the breathalyzer (would be especially great for those prone to drunk texts/dials)

RE: Confirm dialog improvements - HuskyPete - 01-31-2014 12:43 PM

(01-31-2014 11:34 AM)awpertunity Wrote:  Could we also add a breathalyzer to the game? We shouldn't be allowed to make moves if our BAC is above .12 or something. This costs me more games than anything.

Amen

RE: Confirm dialog improvements - .Memories. - 01-31-2014 03:43 PM

I think it's more fun that way, I never even regret it Big Grin

RE: Confirm dialog improvements - DavidL1337 - 01-31-2014 05:17 PM

(01-31-2014 10:41 AM)TheUberKid Wrote:  How about when you select to move to a spot or attack something, some confirmation buttons pop up at the BOTTOM of the screen so that they can be large enough, while the selected spot/enemy is highlighted in red and flashing like the way the base does when it is damaged.

Great idea

RE: Confirm dialog improvements - sqwerdy - 01-31-2014 09:31 PM

Don't know if this could be a workaround instead of changing all the programming/design for the confirmation dialog (trying to avoid Adam and Alex too much work). What if we could zoom in on the action by pinching or pulling back with 2 fingers? A little like when you browse the web on your phone. I mean, the actual system isn't that unclear (since we're all playing the game and seem to be able to get through), it's just small on iPhone. Could it be a viable solution?

RE: Confirm dialog improvements - mr_13en - 02-01-2014 01:45 AM

For the attacks maybe three taps are needed...the first one on the unit...the second one on the fist...after this tap the fist you intend to use remains...and if it's the one you want then you tap again and finish...because it's true attacking the wrong unit sucks terribly...this is more of an issue with playing on the iphone though...

As far as character selection...that's a tough one...I've spawned a runner instead of a soldier and ended up losing because of it but I think I was rushing that time...I can't really blame the app...although optional confirmations wouldn't hurt..

Most of the time it's just human error...sometimes I'm really OCD about my moves though and I'll tap the space I want to move to, then tap to the side, then tap it again just make sure I'm moving to the right spawn...then I'll start over...haha jk Tongue

RE: Confirm dialog improvements - DavidL1337 - 02-01-2014 02:40 AM

(02-01-2014 01:45 AM)mr_13en Wrote:  For the attacks maybe three taps are needed...the first one on the unit...the second one on the fist...after this tap the fist you intend to use remains...and if it's the one you want then you tap again and finish...because it's true attacking the wrong unit sucks terribly...this is more of an issue with playing on the iphone though...

As far as character selection...that's a tough one...I've spawned a runner instead of a soldier and ended up losing because of it but I think I was rushing that time...I can't really blame the app...although optional confirmations wouldn't hurt..

Most of the time it's just human error...sometimes I'm really OCD about my moves though and I'll tap the space I want to move to, then tap to the side, then tap it again just make sure I'm moving to the right spawn...then I'll start over...haha jk Tongue

Your idea for attacks is great! It was something like that I was looking for...

RE: Confirm dialog improvements - ElPared - 02-01-2014 07:18 AM

I actually use swipes to attack usually. You can swipe from your unit to your target and the unit will attack what you swiped to. It helps control attacks a little better, especially on the iPhone.

however, I would prefer if I could swipe to my target, and then tap the fist again as mr_13en said, because sometimes you can screw this method up too if there are a lot of attackable things around your unit.

RE: Confirm dialog improvements - DavidL1337 - 02-01-2014 08:30 PM

Agreed, ElPared Smile