One Man Left Studios Community Forums
League boards not very random. - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: League boards not very random. (/showthread.php?tid=2795)

Pages: 1 2

League boards not very random. - Spikeywan - 12-04-2013 12:59 AM

Is it just me, or are the boards used in the League not very random? Whenever I start a new game, I always seem to get the same few boards.

Is there anything I can do to select a board?

Thanks.

RE: League boards not very random. - amoffett11 - 12-04-2013 01:41 AM

Here's an interesting thought: if the boards had a predetermined order, or if the game made sure that you never get the same board twice in a row, or if it made sure that you always at least cycled through every map before getting one twice, you would think the selection was random, but it actually wouldn't be random at all.

The fact that you sometimes seem to get the same few boards all at once is proof that it is random. There's a bit of confirmation bias going on here as well; everytime this happens you remember it and it "confirms" your bias that the selection is not random, but then when you get a bunch of different ones it doesn't register in your head.

If you want to select a board, you'll have to play a friendly. The league games are random to stop for example a great sweetie Plains master from starting every game there and winning 95% of the time.

RE: League boards not very random. - .Memories. - 12-04-2013 02:20 AM

(12-04-2013 01:41 AM)amoffett Wrote:  a great sweetie Plains master

Is there such a thing? Wink

RE: League boards not very random. - awpertunity - 12-04-2013 09:40 AM

(12-04-2013 02:20 AM).Memories. Wrote:  
(12-04-2013 01:41 AM)amoffett Wrote:  a great sweetie Plains master

Is there such a thing? Wink

Hahaha, I hate sweetie plains

RE: League boards not very random. - [PETA] Cor13:4 - 12-04-2013 09:42 AM

I also dislike it.

RE: League boards not very random. - Flarp55 - 12-04-2013 10:13 AM

well, its been a VERY long time since i've had a game on war garden. seriously at least 2 months. that's a good thing of course.

RE: League boards not very random. - [PETA] Doodat - 12-04-2013 11:12 AM

I don't like sweetie plains, but meh. Favorite is glitch.

RE: League boards not very random. - Chemoeum - 12-04-2013 11:26 AM

I like Sweetie Plains, Glitch, Thorn Gulley, War Garden, Sharkfood Island. I really hate Skullduggery.

RE: League boards not very random. - TheQwertiest - 12-04-2013 11:32 AM

maybe im just really unlucky but i can almost never get the map i want on specific teams.
i cant get
scallywags - glitch, long 9
feedback - glitch
adorables - reaper, war garden, acrospire.

RE: League boards not very random. - Chemoeum - 12-04-2013 11:36 AM

(12-04-2013 11:32 AM)Pastil* Wrote:  maybe im just really unlucky but i can almost never get the map i want on specific teams.
i cant get
scallywags - glitch, long 9
feedback - glitch
adorables - reaper, war garden, acrospire.

For those 2v2 maps, if someone invites you, then you can take account of the map as you pick your team.

On Blitz Beach, the Bombshell is so frustrating. It's well protected and it can hit the base with splash attacks! Heh, splash attacks. Reminds me of Pokémon.