One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Featured replays - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Featured replays (/showthread.php?tid=2602)

Pages: 1 2 3

Featured replays - Flarp55 - 10-06-2013 02:40 AM

I really liked it when every week there was a new news item that had a featured replay. I learn a lot from these replays. Please bring them back.

RE: Featured replays - Chemoeum - 10-06-2013 03:17 AM

Me too, those replays on the Witter's Digest were awesome

RE: Featured replays - GreatGonzales - 10-06-2013 03:48 AM

Hey, nice drawing in sig! I'd play that game. How about it OML??? Wink

RE: Featured replays - Chemoeum - 10-06-2013 03:58 AM

(10-06-2013 03:48 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  Hey, nice drawing in sig! I'd play that game. How about it OML??? Wink

Thanks, I like to combine two things I like. I even like combining combinations... of combinations of things I like.

Aside from that, this thread. What about the Weekly Top 200 stories on the Witter's Digest that went along with the replays?

RE: Featured replays - [PETA] Doodat - 10-06-2013 06:16 AM

Alex and Adam are extremely busy with TtL2

RE: Featured replays - Chemoeum - 10-06-2013 06:24 AM

So maybe they can hire Witter's Digest editors.

RE: Featured replays - TheGoldenGriffin - 10-06-2013 09:33 AM

Or if the game had a system to assign ratings, then the players with the top 200 ratings would be the Top 200 players. It would be automatic.

RE: Featured replays - (Rone) - 10-06-2013 10:57 AM

Featured replays in Witter's Digest brought new members or aspiring members interested in checking out ST replays. The moment they got a hold of OSN they would have a library of knowledge and therefore enriching the Outwitter's Community. So by far it is an excellent idea!

RE: Featured replays - CombatEX - 10-07-2013 12:09 PM

Speaking of OSN, I know OML may be hesitant on doing so as it is a third party, but I think a link to OSN should be prominently featured within the Outwitters app. It is such a critical part of the game as stated by many players on these forums and is a great resource for both new and old players of all skills.

If actually reworking the UI to incorporate OSN is too much trouble (which it most certainly is), then a substitute would be posting a link to "OSN - The Replay Database", at the top of each news article. That one time OSN feature just doesn't cut it. Any new players or players who missed it the first time never hear about it again unless they decide to suddenly check out the forums.

RE: Featured replays - infinitepure - 10-07-2013 08:09 PM

I've only recently started Outwitters so I've never really seen featured replays but I feel like it would be amazing to have that back into the game's news. I know myself that I had no idea that replays for the game would be available online (although that might just be me being a bit blur haha) until my more experienced friend told me about them. Once I started watching them my interest for the game skyrocketed so linking OSN could really help the playerbase in my opinion.