One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Clan Activity Discussion - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Clan Activity Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=2580)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Clan Activity Discussion - Thrutchy - 10-03-2013 02:05 AM

In my opinion, the most important gaming mode is where a two clans play a single game collectively against each other ("meeting" or America vs Eurasia style). This is a mode that is very unique what clans can do and I think the play level can be higher than even the best ST if the clan coordinates well.

RE: Clan Activity Discussion - [PETA] Cor13:4 - 10-03-2013 02:47 AM

I think the "meeting" type of game is definitely good for clan building, but I think having a general clan ranking type of thing would be huge for the game.

The one thing is that unless you're in the top 200, you have no way to really gauge your progress.

Gamers LOVE seeing ranking, ratings, and seeing their numbers improve. I think having that sort of thing for clans would really boost people's fun and thus game and clan activity.

RE: Clan Activity Discussion - lawtai - 10-03-2013 03:28 AM

One downside to the "meeting" game is the level of participation and coordination involved. If the clan isn't participating that much, then it just becomes a standard 1v1 game. Also with how long these matches last, usually taking the max 4 days a turn, you end up losing people along the way as they stop paying attention to what's going on.

RE: Clan Activity Discussion - Fluffysox - 10-03-2013 06:03 AM

Might just be me but I feel like lower skill leveled players won't be much help in the meetings Sad

RE: Clan Activity Discussion - .Memories. - 10-03-2013 06:05 AM

(10-03-2013 06:03 AM)Fluffysox Wrote:  Might just be me but I feel like lower skill leveled players won't be much help in the meetings Sad

Sometimes they see the most obvious solution that higher ranks fail to see because they are looking for a more complex one.

RE: Clan Activity Discussion - [PETA] Doodat - 10-03-2013 06:43 AM

The meeting game type would be great, but unfortunately, our clan match with Diamond is turning into Doodat vs. Diamond, and our Glitch map is Doodat and Phyresis vs. iPro. It's just that we really don't have that many people that actively check the forums.

RE: Clan Activity Discussion - Thrutchy - 10-03-2013 06:57 AM

(10-03-2013 06:03 AM)Fluffysox Wrote:  Might just be me but I feel like lower skill leveled players won't be much help in the meetings Sad

For these games, I think the more ideas the clan has, the better the play. Don't count yourself out for being able to contribute to these ideas. Many of them may be horrible, but you'll eventually have one that is utterly genius! Most players (including top ST's) get stuck in the same patterns of play and don't see all the options.

The worst case is that you sit back and learn a lot from the discussions others are having about what to do.

(10-03-2013 06:43 AM)Doodat Wrote:  The meeting game type would be great, but unfortunately, our clan match with Diamond is turning into Doodat vs. Diamond, and our Glitch map is Doodat and Phyresis vs. iPro. It's just that we really don't have that many people that actively check the forums.

That is unfortunate. I think this is a consequence of these games being just one type among others that the clan is playing. It would be better to have fewer. We have primarily 2 that are interacting a lot, but 3 others that chime in occasionally. I still like it, though.

RE: Clan Activity Discussion - Fluffysox - 10-03-2013 09:16 AM

(10-03-2013 06:43 AM)Doodat Wrote:  The meeting game type would be great, but unfortunately, our clan match with Diamond is turning into Doodat vs. Diamond, and our Glitch map is Doodat and Phyresis vs. iPro. It's just that we really don't have that many people that actively check the forums.

We hvnt started any meetings, but it seems like it will be poweewee, pastil* and fluffy sox vs everyone else Sad

RE: Clan Activity Discussion - GreatGonzales - 10-03-2013 11:29 AM

Food for thought:

As player activity diminishes, and with it clan activity, it may behoove us to merge all clans into 2-3. This would allow friendly competition and help ensure that each clan has a quorum.

Are we at this point now, or not yet?

RE: Clan Activity Discussion - (Rone) - 10-03-2013 05:20 PM

(10-03-2013 02:47 AM)Cor13:4 Wrote:  Gamers LOVE seeing ranking, ratings, and seeing their numbers improve. I think having that sort of thing for clans would really boost people's fun and thus game and clan activity.

Wow, don't think I could have stated it better!