One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Great movies - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Poppycock (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Great movies (/showthread.php?tid=2326)

Pages: 1 2

Great movies - olsonater - 06-28-2013 07:35 AM

What is the best movie out their? I really enjoyed man on a ledge, a-team, and the Bourne trilogy(supremacy is the best). I have some gift cards for family video and am looking of some good ones.

RE: Great movies - Wildt4lon - 07-01-2013 07:46 AM

(06-28-2013 07:35 AM)olsonater Wrote:  What is the best movie out their? I really enjoyed man on a ledge, a-team, and the Bourne trilogy(supremacy is the best). I have some gift cards for family video and am looking of some good ones.

Try Les Misérables 2012 musical
It made me cry! Smile

RE: Great movies - TheQwertiest - 07-01-2013 08:30 AM

(07-01-2013 07:46 AM)Wildt4lon Wrote:  
(06-28-2013 07:35 AM)olsonater Wrote:  What is the best movie out their? I really enjoyed man on a ledge, a-team, and the Bourne trilogy(supremacy is the best). I have some gift cards for family video and am looking of some good ones.

Try Les Misérables 2012 musical
It made me cry! Smile

is it good? when i decided to watch les misérables i didnt know it was a musical..
it turned me off at the moment cause i was expecting something different. i ended up not watching it.

RE: Great movies - TheGreatErenan - 07-01-2013 10:19 AM

Here come some opinions! Tongue

Les Mis (the musical) is one of those weird things. You either love it or you don't. I don't, and I doubt I ever will, but that's the musical in general, not specifically the 2012 film. Anyway, possibly on account of not being a big fan of the musical, the film didn't win me over. However, I think I would have liked it much more if it had been longer with an intermission in the middle. Too much of the action was glossed over in short cuts (e.g. climbing over the wall to escape). If they had fleshed those non-song scenes out to a respectable length, then it would have been more effective as a movie. As a celebration of the musical's songs, it works. As a movie, not so much.

I like the non-musical 1998 version with Liam Neeson, Geoffrey Rush, Uma Thurman, and Claire Danes: Link.

Aside from Les Mis...

I like Children of Men.

No Country for Old Men is another that I like a lot, but I guess it's not really for everyone.

RE: Great movies - TheQwertiest - 07-01-2013 11:53 AM

i guess its not for me.. im not very big on musicals. i think i'll look into that non-musical version.

RE: Great movies - spacechef - 07-02-2013 03:02 PM

Princess Mononoke (Mononoke Hime)

RE: Great movies - .Memories. - 07-02-2013 03:07 PM

(07-02-2013 03:02 PM)spacechef Wrote:  Princess Mononoke (Mononoke Hime)

While we're talking about Miyazaki films, I'd like to offer up the popular Spirited Away, as well as the older Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind (my favorite of his).

RE: Great movies - Norahsul - 07-02-2013 10:26 PM

We can also talk about totoro n grave of the fireflies... Smile

RE: Great movies - [PETA] Doodat - 07-03-2013 02:25 AM

Inception

RE: Great movies - onealexleft - 07-03-2013 09:24 PM

best movie out there? sounds like an extremely subjective question.

But IMO, "Moon" was a cool movie.