One Man Left Studios Community Forums
What do you think the leftover team concepts' specials would have been able to do? - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: What do you think the leftover team concepts' specials would have been able to do? (/showthread.php?tid=2109)

Pages: 1 2

What do you think the leftover team concepts' specials would have been able to do? - Wildt4lon - 04-11-2013 02:15 PM

As in the title, what do you think the leftover team concepts' special would have been able to do/ might do, judging from the theme of team and what they look like? There's an illustration on the blog, and from what i worked out, I think they are the (top team to bottom team) creature with a beard sitting down, the coffin with a hand, and the snowman.

RE: What do you think the leftover team concepts' specials would have been able to do? - $till - 04-11-2013 02:26 PM

taking guesses here:

creature with beard: once per turn could create a 1 health voodoo doll character that can move three/four spaces, but cannot attack, and it's only purpose is filling up space or gaining vision

coffin: could "special heal" one unit. What the special heal does means that when that unit dies, he gets teleported to the coffin and the coffin would dissapear

snoman: be able to freeze/paralize units within a range of 2 spaces, they have to be unfrozen by attacking the 1/2 health ice shell surrounding them

RE: What do you think the leftover team concepts' specials would have been able to do? - the duck - 04-12-2013 12:00 AM

Coffin: every turn it can summon a skeleton warrior, every skeleton move 3 spaces doing 1 (or 2) damage and have 2 HP.

RE: What do you think the leftover team concepts' specials would have been able to do? - TheGoldenGriffin - 04-12-2013 06:00 AM

I think the coffin is supposed to be positioned next to a unit so if the unit dies, the skeleton in the coffin will snatch the spirit of the killed unit and put it back in the unit's body and reviving that unit at full base HP but only to one unit per turn.

RE: What do you think the leftover team concepts' specials would have been able to do? - $till - 04-12-2013 06:20 AM

(04-12-2013 06:00 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  I think the coffin is supposed to be positioned next to a unit so if the unit dies, the skeleton in the coffin will snatch the spirit of the killed unit and put it back in the unit's body and reviving that unit at full base HP but only to one unit per turn.

That would be insanely OP

RE: What do you think the leftover team concepts' specials would have been able to do? - Phyresis - 04-12-2013 06:29 AM

(04-12-2013 06:20 AM)$till Wrote:  
(04-12-2013 06:00 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  I think the coffin is supposed to be positioned next to a unit so if the unit dies, the skeleton in the coffin will snatch the spirit of the killed unit and put it back in the unit's body and reviving that unit at full base HP but only to one unit per turn.

Not really, just make its movement 1.

RE: What do you think the leftover team concepts' specials would have been able to do? - TheGoldenGriffin - 04-12-2013 06:38 AM

I said 1 unit. And it has to next to the unit. If it stands by 2 units, the first that dies will get revived and the other wouldn't. I think it has 1 base health like Scrambler so you can kill it easily.
(04-12-2013 06:29 AM)Phyresis Wrote:  

But then it can't keep up with the army making it pointless to spawn.

RE: What do you think the leftover team concepts' specials would have been able to do? - Phyresis - 04-12-2013 06:46 AM

(04-12-2013 06:38 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  

I said 1 unit. And it has to next to the unit. If it stands by 2 units, the first that dies will get revived and the other wouldn't. I think it has 1 base health like Scrambler so you can kill it easily.
(04-12-2013 06:29 AM)Phyresis Wrote:  

But then it can't keep up with the army making it pointless to spawn.
It can still be used defensively, it just wont make attacking extremely easy.

RE: What do you think the leftover team concepts' specials would have been able to do? - TheGoldenGriffin - 04-14-2013 01:27 AM

Maybe the snowman throws snowballs on the ground that become icicles that freezes any enemy that stands on it. Another enemy unit has to break the unit out. Frozen enemy units act like obstacles to allied units. Only enemy units can destroy the ice to break that unit free.

RE: What do you think the leftover team concepts' specials would have been able to do? - Phyresis - 04-14-2013 03:43 AM

Aternatively the coffin could take the unit that just died, and keep it inside for 1-2 turns, and then spawn it. With 1 hp and 1 movement, but take units that died from anywhere on the map.