One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Chat bug workaround - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Chat bug workaround (/showthread.php?tid=2105)

Pages: 1 2

Chat bug workaround - Alvendor - 04-11-2013 08:38 AM

If you are going insane like me because your chat messages get dropped all the time, try this:

After you written everything, go back to the map, then go back to the chat again. Now you can close the game. So far I haven't lost a message since I started doing this.

RE: Chat bug workaround - TheQwertiest - 04-11-2013 10:08 AM

you lose messages?
maybe i just havent noticed but i dont think my messages get lost

RE: Chat bug workaround - QuantumApocalypse - 04-11-2013 10:32 AM

When you post multiple messages in a row, a few of them will disappear when you return.

RE: Chat bug workaround - Wildt4lon - 04-11-2013 01:59 PM

well one I was trying to talk to mag!cguy but my messages kept getting deleted or words dropped off so I was not only going insane but looked insane Confused
Just tried the workaround
Really does work

RE: Chat bug workaround - phineas94 - 04-11-2013 07:55 PM

I have thought, probably incorrectly, that when the game is being looked at/played by someone else in the game the bug appears. Also it's not just multiple messages that disappear, I've reposted incredibly witty detailed chats 3 times to have them "unappeared". They're just not funny the 4th time of asking. Please fix this!

RE: Chat bug workaround - =) Random Task (= - 04-11-2013 09:03 PM

i haven't realised any messages were lost either, only that they sometimes get delayed.
for important things like 2v2 chat with your partner I use iMessage. works like a charm and you can send pictures too.

RE: Chat bug workaround - phineas94 - 06-08-2013 06:30 AM

My 2v2 partner may have stumbled across something, i've tried it and had 100%disappearing chats so far. And it is this, any chat that includes a winking smiley ( a ; followed by a ) ) disappears. More testing required Wink

RE: Chat bug workaround - Alvendor - 06-08-2013 07:21 AM

Will try it out! My initial suggestion doesn't work at all :/

RE: Chat bug workaround - terenceshiu2005 - 06-08-2013 09:08 AM

(06-08-2013 06:30 AM)phineas94 Wrote:  My 2v2 partner may have stumbled across something, i've tried it and had 100%disappearing chats so far. And it is this, any chat that includes a winking smiley ( a ; followed by a ) ) disappears. More testing required Wink

Same feeling, message with ) disappear most of time, but not always.

It's a bit annoying, it use PM instead.

RE: Chat bug workaround - Juslas - 06-08-2013 05:12 PM

Some characters do not show, I have been typing plus and minus, since + or - character gets lost at server side. Emoji characters, at least some of them do work. 1⃣2⃣3⃣