One Man Left Studios Community Forums
BEING CHEATED? - read this first! - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: BEING CHEATED? - read this first! (/showthread.php?tid=2041)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: BEING CHEATED? - read this first! - [PETA] Doodat - 10-14-2013 03:59 AM

A huge discrepancy in hidden ranking can reflect a higher number for points.

RE: BEING CHEATED? - read this first! - TheGreatAnt - 10-14-2013 08:53 AM

(10-14-2013 03:59 AM)Doodat Wrote:  A huge discrepancy in hidden ranking can reflect a higher number for points.

That may effect part of it, but I remember when A&A introduced the new league points system. You get more points for a win against a higher ranked player in the division (as opposed to a lower ranked player). An you lose less points to a higher ranked player (as opposed to losing more points to a lower ranked player).

I think the hidden ranking matches player together, but league points come from position in the league standings. I don't think there necessarily is a congruence. If there is, it is small.

@Mag!cGuy;;
It depends, really. When you are higher in the league you get less points for a win, lower in the league, you get more points for a win. That is how I understand it. I've been getting 15-20 in Masters.

RE: BEING CHEATED? - read this first! - universe - 10-19-2013 12:20 AM

I find a cheater, id B414_|!
in 1v1 gifted league, Round Smoke Division, current rank 15;
here is the replay:
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAgI2n3wgM

The in-game replay crashed during the 1st turn, and in his second turn I saw 3 boosted soldiers, it's not hard to do a wit count to realize that the guy is cheating. Replay shows the cheater spent 9 wits in the first round.

The way I beat the cheater is rather simple, just tell him I will let the game rot, and the cheater cannot afford it but quit, because cheaters want to defeat more honest players but they have only 5 game slots. Why? because cheaters can be kicked out of the game at any time, so they won't spend any money on it, and there seems to have no cheat on game slots.

RE: BEING CHEATED? - read this first! - [X3JA] - 10-19-2013 09:56 AM

(10-19-2013 12:20 AM)universe Wrote:  The way I beat the cheater is rather simple, just tell him I will let the game rot, and the cheater cannot afford it but quit, because cheaters want to defeat more honest players but they have only 5 game slots. Why? because cheaters can be kicked out of the game at any time, so they won't spend any money on it, and there seems to have no cheat on game slots.

Cool Brilliant! I wish I had though of that Tongue

RE: BEING CHEATED? - read this first! - warriorlord_76 - 10-20-2013 05:07 AM

I just got matched up with this same cheater also (B414_|!), and my in-game replay also crashed on the first turn. When I skipped the replay, I saw that he had somehow managed to build a Bramble, take root (already 8 wits), then proceed to plant at least 15 thorns (covering every space I can see, so I suspect in fact the whole board might be covered!), and used a thorn to hit one of my soldiers. That's a minimum of 24 wits, not including the thorns he had to plant to get into my view. Not too bad considering he should have only had 8 wits on turn 1!

Hope he gets banned promptly. When he does, does the game get voided including any league point changes?

(10-19-2013 12:20 AM)universe Wrote:  I find a cheater, id B414_|!
in 1v1 gifted league, Round Smoke Division, current rank 15;
here is the replay:
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAgI2n3wgM

The in-game replay crashed during the 1st turn, and in his second turn I saw 3 boosted soldiers, it's not hard to do a wit count to realize that the guy is cheating. Replay shows the cheater spent 9 wits in the first round.

The way I beat the cheater is rather simple, just tell him I will let the game rot, and the cheater cannot afford it but quit, because cheaters want to defeat more honest players but they have only 5 game slots. Why? because cheaters can be kicked out of the game at any time, so they won't spend any money on it, and there seems to have no cheat on game slots.

RE: BEING CHEATED? - read this first! - [PETA] Doodat - 10-20-2013 05:20 AM

No. It's unfortunate, Alex and Adam can't change the league standings or give back lost points.

RE: BEING CHEATED? - read this first! - Gf!sh - 10-20-2013 06:08 AM

Stall the game for as long as possible. If he gets banned during the game, he'll time out, resulting in him losing the game.

RE: BEING CHEATED? - read this first! - warriorlord_76 - 10-21-2013 03:22 AM

OK, good tip. Will draw the game out as long as possible. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get this player banned.

(10-20-2013 06:08 AM)Gf!sh Wrote:  Stall the game for as long as possible. If he gets banned during the game, he'll time out, resulting in him losing the game.

RE: BEING CHEATED? - read this first! - HuskyPete - 11-29-2013 03:08 AM

GC ID - Leonyyyy

He is currently cheating on glitch. By his second turn he has visibly used a minimum of 15 wits. I will post replay, but I have asked him to resign. I did send screen shots and explain situation in the DL forum, and they agree he is cheating by at least 4 wits (could be more in fog). Hopefully he can get banned quickly as he has added about 4 wins in the last 2 hours so apparently done aren't noticing. It's funny though. He's using adorables, so he spent money to get banned.

RE: BEING CHEATED? - read this first! - TheGoldenGriffin - 11-29-2013 07:19 AM

He's wit hacking. Wait 3 days at a time to send your turn so when he gets banned, he'll time out and you win