One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Team America vs Team Eurasia - Currently underway - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Team America vs Team Eurasia - Currently underway (/showthread.php?tid=2030)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Team America vs Team Eurasia - NOW ACCEPTING SIGNUPS - Mag!cGuy - 04-05-2013 04:18 AM

I'm the captain of Eurasia, and will launch the battle after some discussion, but this evening (yeah evening for US) it should be done Smile

RE: Team America vs Team Eurasia - NOW ACCEPTING SIGNUPS - GreatGonzales - 04-05-2013 04:38 AM

Well, there has been a significant spike in the number of American team mates, and not many additional Eurasians. This leaves the totals at

Team America: 31
Team Eurasia: 18

Not great, but then I'm not sure any number of players is worth the combined mental might of Alvendor and poweewee. Wink Should be an interesting game, good luck everyone!

RE: Team America vs Team Eurasia - NOW ACCEPTING SIGNUPS - Gf!sh - 04-05-2013 04:48 AM

That was exactly what I was expecting. Americans seem to be more fanatic, hence the larger participation grade. But I suspect that the average skill, and more notably on the top, is actually higher among Eurasian players. Basically:

America = quantity
Eurasia = quality

RE: Team America vs Team Eurasia - NOW ACCEPTING SIGNUPS - lawtai - 04-05-2013 04:51 AM

Maybe we should close the signups then?

RE: Team America vs Team Eurasia - NOW ACCEPTING SIGNUPS - GreatGonzales - 04-05-2013 05:19 AM

(04-05-2013 04:51 AM)lawtai Wrote:  Maybe we should close the signups then?

Nah, if someone wants to participate I don't think we should exclude them. I'm really glad at the turnout, it seems like the entire forum is participating!

RE: Team America vs Team Eurasia - NOW ACCEPTING SIGNUPS - Gf!sh - 04-05-2013 05:25 AM

Harti isn't Sad

RE: Team America vs Team Eurasia - NOW ACCEPTING SIGNUPS - GreatGonzales - 04-05-2013 05:31 AM

(04-05-2013 05:25 AM)Gf!sh Wrote:  Harti isn't Sad

I'm sure he'll come to the rescue when he sees how desperately you need his help. Wink

RE: Team America vs Team Eurasia - NOW ACCEPTING SIGNUPS - GreatGonzales - 04-05-2013 09:35 AM

Eurasia, feel free to use this diagram I've created to help with move discussions:

[Image: Du98uxz.jpg]

RE: Team America vs Team Eurasia - NOW ACCEPTING SIGNUPS - GreatGonzales - 04-28-2013 04:46 PM

Sadly, Eurasia let the game expire on turn 9. I'm sure they did not intend to let it slip past the deadline, as I know the 4 day mark is somewhat arbitrary.

Do we want to try to continue this? I would like to continue. Question is, how to do it? I propose that we re-create the game exactly as it was, and continue from there. Obviously with 100% knowledge on both sides for the first 8 turns, but I think there were not very many unknowns anyway. I'm also not sure that these circumstances favor one team or the other, though it cannot be helped in any case.

Also, please don't post the replay in this public forum; I think we should wait to share it until it's actually completed.

Thoughts?

RE: Team America vs Team Eurasia - Currently underway - Gf!sh - 04-28-2013 05:31 PM

We were just about to complete our turn Confused