One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Prediction: Outwitters and Twitter will be updated at the same time - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Prediction: Outwitters and Twitter will be updated at the same time (/showthread.php?tid=1981)

Pages: 1 2 3

Prediction: Outwitters and Twitter will be updated at the same time - ElPared - 03-24-2013 06:16 AM

is this poppycock? if so sorry.

still, has anyone noticed that Outwitters and Twitter always get updated at the same time?

Is this some kind of conspiracy to update all apps with "twitter" in their name at the same time?

RE: Prediction: Outwitters and Twitter will be updated at the same time - TheGreatAnt - 03-24-2013 06:38 AM

Well, we know that apps have to go through a approval process. And it probably just happens that Apple approves both Twitter and Outwitters near the same time and sends all the updates out at the same time.

RE: Prediction: Outwitters and Twitter will be updated at the same time - ElPared - 03-24-2013 07:12 AM

probably, but every time Outwitters has been updated, Twitter is my only other app with an update. This has happened twice now, I'm wondering if they'll get the hat trick

RE: Prediction: Outwitters and Twitter will be updated at the same time - burnodrod - 03-25-2013 12:33 AM

(03-24-2013 06:38 AM)TheGreatAnt Wrote:  Well, we know that apps have to go through a approval process. And it probably just happens that Apple approves both Twitter and Outwitters near the same time and sends all the updates out at the same time.

That's not exactly how it works. After Apple's approval the developer can decide what time to push the update to Appstore.

RE: Prediction: Outwitters and Twitter will be updated at the same time - TheGreatAnt - 03-25-2013 02:22 AM

(03-25-2013 12:33 AM)burnodrod Wrote:  
(03-24-2013 06:38 AM)TheGreatAnt Wrote:  Well, we know that apps have to go through a approval process. And it probably just happens that Apple approves both Twitter and Outwitters near the same time and sends all the updates out at the same time.

That's not exactly how it works. After Apple's approval the developer can decide what time to push the update to Appstore.

I guess that just clearly shows i don't work for Apple.

RE: Prediction: Outwitters and Twitter will be updated at the same time - Bulby37 - 03-26-2013 04:11 AM

Why are we all "atwitter" about update timing?

RE: Prediction: Outwitters and Twitter will be updated at the same time - ElPared - 03-26-2013 05:01 AM

it's just something I've noticed. Anyone else have any apps with "twitter" in their name? lets see if they all get updated at the same time haha

RE: Prediction: Outwitters and Twitter will be updated at the same time - Harti - 03-26-2013 06:34 AM

Conspiracy theory:
They named the app "Outwitters" so people would stumble across it when searching for Twitter.

RE: Prediction: Outwitters and Twitter will be updated at the same time - ElPared - 03-26-2013 06:36 AM

(03-26-2013 06:34 AM)Harti Wrote:  Conspiracy theory:
They named the app "Outwitters" so people would stumble across it when searching for Twitter.

[Image: scanners4.jpg]

RE: Prediction: Outwitters and Twitter will be updated at the same time - onealexleft - 03-26-2013 06:02 PM

(03-26-2013 06:34 AM)Harti Wrote:  Conspiracy theory:

Fun fact: we weren't aware of this play on words until *way* later in development when someone either over twitter or at GDC mentioned that "twitter" existed inside our title.