One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Suggestion: Ability to watch replays in browser - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Suggestion: Ability to watch replays in browser (/showthread.php?tid=184)

Suggestion: Ability to watch replays in browser - eumerk - 07-08-2012 08:44 AM

Hey OML,

First, this game is a ton of fun. Haven't bought the uber pack yet, but I definitely plan on it.

Now on to my suggestion... It would be awesome if we could watch the replays that are posted to this forum in a browser. As of now, people are taking advantage of the replay system and posting games so the community can give feedback and advice, which is awesome... but to watch these replays I have to switch to my iPhone, watch the replay, then log in on my desktop to leave a longer reply. It's not that big of a hassle as it is now, but it would be nice to be able to watch the replays on my computer.

Thanks for the hard work!

RE: Suggestion: Ability to watch replays in browser - knighthalo123 - 07-08-2012 10:58 AM

Yah that would be great. Hate the moving do much

RE: Suggestion: Ability to watch replays in browser - eumerk - 07-08-2012 11:07 AM

I'm sure it'd be more work for them than it's worth to us, but it definitely would be a nice addition.

RE: Suggestion: Ability to watch replays in browser - Kamikaze28 - 07-08-2012 07:00 PM

One can still dream...

I agree, that it would be awesome. It would allow for some crazy things like 'featured matches' on the OML blog or stuff - the couldn't be any better promotion for a game than actually seeing it run. Not just in a video, but in a really lightweight and clever way. HTML5, anyone? Don't look at me, I'm no HTML-wizard.

RE: Suggestion: Ability to watch replays in browser - Harti - 07-08-2012 08:42 PM

(07-08-2012 07:00 PM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  One can still dream...

I agree, that it would be awesome. It would allow for some crazy things like 'featured matches' on the OML blog or stuff - the couldn't be any better promotion for a game than actually seeing it run. Not just in a video, but in a really lightweight and clever way. HTML5, anyone? Don't look at me, I'm no HTML-wizard.
I was actually working at some turn-planning tool. I guess it could basically used for purposes like these, too (would only require some automatism to process those JSON objects).
However, I didn't get much feedback from OML other than "yeah cool", so I guess they are not interested in community guys creating official stuff, you know.

And without support, character sprites and/or dummy databases it won't happen really soon; even if they changed their mind I'd be lacking time -now-. Sad