One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Suggestion : Customizable game time - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Suggestion : Customizable game time (/showthread.php?tid=1705)

Suggestion : Customizable game time - awpertunity - 02-13-2013 06:48 PM

It would be nice when challenging someone for a friendly game, you can choose the time before autoforfeit to something other than 4 days. I know it'd be helpful to keep tournaments moving Tongue

RE: Suggestion : Customizable game time - brayton - 02-13-2013 09:05 PM

oh yeah, its been requested for a while. why wouldn't it have been implemented.
doesn't fit the game plan.
too hard to do.
too much time to do.
just wondering

RE: Suggestion : Customizable game time - Ja Karta - 02-14-2013 12:17 AM

Or, more simply, in all games (friendly or league) just give the player that would win the chance to accept victory or give the other player another x days.

It would be nice, for those of us with plenty of game space and friends that are indisposed (e.g. I just lost ("won") a bunch of games with a friend in Thailand because of time out. I'd prefer to just keep those in queue until he got back.

I can appreciate that this may not be high on the feature list though.

RE: Suggestion : Customizable game time - Necrocat219 - 02-14-2013 12:22 AM

What would be awesome would be live games, although that wouldn't be worth putting in, having games with 30 second time limits with 5 seconds added on for each action would be pretty great Smile

RE: Suggestion : Customizable game time - daHsu - 02-14-2013 10:01 AM

I was thinking something chess style, where each player had 30 minutes total, and every time it's your turn your time passes. That way games would be limited to an hour (or a little over an hour, to account for lag when submitting).

RE: Suggestion : Customizable game time - WeiWei - 02-14-2013 10:22 AM

(02-14-2013 10:01 AM)daHsu Wrote:  I was thinking something chess style, where each player had 30 minutes total, and every time it's your turn your time passes. That way games would be limited to an hour (or a little over an hour, to account for lag when submitting).

That's pretty rough. Watching my opponent's move take 1 minute alone.

RE: Suggestion : Customizable game time - Exzachtlee - 02-14-2013 12:02 PM

This would also be good on the flip side, where you can extend your turn time, like a "vacation mode". Probably would need the opponent's consent though, because I would find it really annoying if everyone on my list goes into vacation mode suddenly lol.