One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Bug Report Thread - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Bug Report Thread (/showthread.php?tid=160)

RE: Bug Report Thread - jesusfuentesh - 06-30-2013 06:09 AM

Why sometimes when we post a reply in any thread it just doesn't appear? Is it a bug?

RE: Bug Report Thread - .Memories. - 06-30-2013 07:14 AM

(06-30-2013 06:09 AM)jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Why sometimes when we post a reply in any thread it just doesn't appear? Is it a bug?

Yes. It happens, usually, when the posts on a page approach the post limit per page.

RE: Bug Report Thread - TheGoldenGriffin - 06-30-2013 07:22 AM

Go to New Reply and go down to thread review and you could see the posts that aren't showing up

RE: Bug Report Thread - jesusfuentesh - 06-30-2013 07:33 AM

Hahaha that's funny reading the forum this way. Thanks, TheGoldenGriffin. I actually didn't read your post, except by this way

RE: Bug Report Thread - Alan Klaus - 06-30-2013 04:35 PM

I guess I should've posted this here initially:
Has anyone else noticed a high percentage of turns not sending? Certain games will reject my attempts to finish a turn for multiple days in a row and I can't figure out how to fix it. Closing the app and shutting off my phone don't seem to help...

RE: Bug Report Thread - b5mith - 07-03-2013 12:50 AM

Thanks for the reply.

I do believe there's a genuine problem. Left it a few days, same thing:

- Replay finishes, states it's my turn.
- Have zero wits.
- Board position has changed, it's definitely my turn.

Guess I'm losing this game; Hope it's not a cheat.

So I should send the replay when the game is done?

Cheers

(06-29-2013 01:31 PM).Memories. Wrote:  He means zero wits.

There's a bug that sometimes says it's your turn, when actually you've already taken your turn. Check to make sure that your units and opponents units aren't in the same spot as your previous turn. Just wait a day or two, it should work itself out.

RE: Bug Report Thread - TheGoldenGriffin - 07-03-2013 10:19 AM

It says its your turn because the game failed to send your turn. The game has no way to undo your moves by itself so since you spent all your wits, it will stay that way. The replay replays the sent turns only. It won't show the moves you made in a turn that didn't get sent to the servers because the its the servers adds on the moves you made to the replay

Because the replay doesn't show the moves you made in that turn and the game doesn't undo all your moves, the board looks different from the one in the replay.

RE: Bug Report Thread - b5mith - 07-04-2013 11:59 AM

Please note that the board position at the start of my turn is * exactly* the same as the board position at the end of my opponent's replay.

(07-03-2013 10:19 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  It says its your turn because the game failed to send your turn. The game has no way to undo your moves by itself so since you spent all your wits, it will stay that way. The replay replays the sent turns only. It won't show the moves you made in a turn that didn't get sent to the servers because the its the servers adds on the moves you made to the replay

Because the replay doesn't show the moves you made in that turn and the game doesn't undo all your moves, the board looks different from the one in the replay.

I'm not sure what help this may be, but here's the replay link: outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yu_biAww

RE: Bug Report Thread - TheGoldenGriffin - 07-04-2013 12:16 PM

Oh i see what you meant by "board position changed" now.
Are you saying your turn keeps starting with zero wits so you can only press done while your opponent builds up units?
Okay, im watching the replay

RE: Bug Report Thread - b5mith - 07-04-2013 12:55 PM

Exactly; The only option on my turn was "Done".

Note that this is a once-off occurrence, the game had gone for 55 turns without incident.

I realise now that I should have hit "Done" and continued the game so that the replay shows as definitive proof of me having zero wits at the start of my turn Sad Instead, I waited for the five-day timeout.