One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Bug Report Thread - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Bug Report Thread (/showthread.php?tid=160)

RE: Bug Report Thread - HandzThatKillz - 07-17-2012 12:30 PM

(07-17-2012 09:11 AM)edouard1976 Wrote:  Not able to invite a friend to play against me

I think it's a bug:

I like the game but I thought I would liked it more learning the game with some friends of mine, who I have challenged to join me on Outwitters !
I gave a try with one friend first:
1) my friend is in my Game Center friends list
2) I go to Friendly Game
3) I Create a game
4) I touch the Game Center Invite button and select my friend's name
I get the following message popup which sounds wrong to me because my friend does have the game installed on his device (I can see it in Game Center, I get the list the games he owns/plays):
"Player name not found in Outwitters userbase. Invite them to join in on the fun!"

What is the solution ? Thks for your help.

I had that problem when I tried to play with my brother the first time, he had the game installed but he never opened it nor created a username within the game, hence he wasn't in the Outwitters userbase. Maybe your friend hasn't done that.

RE: Bug Report Thread - gfNacho - 07-17-2012 05:02 PM

I'm appearing twice in the ranks,
First, I was twice in the clever league, and the points of every game were going to the highest position, (the other position got stuck with 13 points)
But now i had a promotion to gifted league, and now all the points are going to the clever league position, (so my points at the gifted league are the same as when I got the promotion)...
It's quite anoying to have to play the double as intended to get positions at the leagues...

RE: Bug Report Thread - drewan - 07-18-2012 05:48 PM

For one of my games, the other person hasn't responded yet, and it's already been 5 days (all games time out after 4 days of inactivity). Shouldn't it be timed out by now?

I attached a screenshot of it here

RE: Bug Report Thread - Kamikaze28 - 07-18-2012 07:37 PM

(07-18-2012 05:48 PM)drewan Wrote:  For one of my games, the other person hasn't responded yet, and it's already been 5 days (all games time out after 4 days of inactivity). Shouldn't it be timed out by now?

I attached a screenshot of it here

The server does his house cleaning at midnight PST (if I remember correctly). What you describe is therefore possible and will be resolved in a few hours. Don't panic.

RE: Bug Report Thread - gfNacho - 07-19-2012 12:35 AM

(07-17-2012 05:02 PM)gfNacho Wrote:  I'm appearing twice in the ranks,
First, I was twice in the clever league, and the points of every game were going to the highest position, (the other position got stuck with 13 points)
But now i had a promotion to gifted league, and now all the points are going to the clever league position, (so my points at the gifted league are the same as when I got the promotion)...
It's quite anoying to have to play the double as intended to get positions at the leagues...

I got a promotion with my "clever account" to gifted leage, and again new points are going to the highest ranked "account" (both are now on gifted league, but different lists)

RE: Bug Report Thread - Tropic4l - 07-19-2012 02:51 AM

The game crashes after I attempt to start a new league game and get the "our servers can't handle your warmongering" message. It freezes for a second once the message pops up, and then force quits.

RE: Bug Report Thread - Sakiehl - 07-19-2012 03:53 AM

A couple of times I was matched up with the same opponent 4 or 5 times in a row. I like running into the same opponent over and over but playing 5 games simultaneously feels weird.

RE: Bug Report Thread - E!NSTE!N - 07-19-2012 08:01 AM

My iPhone (3Gs) crashed (most probably because of a very weak battery) when I was just playing Outwitters. After rebooting, Outwitters didn't work anymore. The app crashed reproducable immediately after it had been started.

I deleted the app and reinstalled it. And now I too get the error message "Error Joining Game: This turn has already been started on another device. You'll have to finish it there."

A way to continue these games would be very welcome.

RE: Bug Report Thread - onealexleft - 07-19-2012 09:43 AM

(07-19-2012 08:01 AM)E!NSTE!N Wrote:  My iPhone (3Gs) crashed (most probably because of a very weak battery) when I was just playing Outwitters. After rebooting, Outwitters didn't work anymore. The app crashed reproducable immediately after it had been started.

I deleted the app and reinstalled it. And now I too get the error message "Error Joining Game: This turn has already been started on another device. You'll have to finish it there."

A way to continue these games would be very welcome.

should be cleared up in a few minutes.

RE: Bug Report Thread - datadude3 - 07-19-2012 02:43 PM

When the little gnomes steal your game, you have to force quit and re-open outwitters to be able to do anything.
[attachment=38]
Also, occasionally when I open Outwitters from a notification, it gets stuck at the spinny hexagon loading game icon.