One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Poor behavior coming in Outwitters? - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Poor behavior coming in Outwitters? (/showthread.php?tid=1541)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Poor behavior coming in Outwitters? - Mag!cGuy - 01-25-2013 06:46 AM

Maybe it's not necessary to open a thread for this, but since there is no user report place.. ^^

I've just won a game in foundry in 10 turns (not officialy, but my opponent can't do anything), and I said "gg, I had to think a lot to decide what to do! Tongue"
He answered "su** a di**" (I guess you understood) and seemingly doesn't want to let me the win, he says something but doesn't play anymore.

What to do against this kind of bad players? It doesn't rly matter, but it's quite annoying. I can give a screenshot if necessary.

RE: Poor behavior coming in Outwitters? - EkoFox - 01-25-2013 06:50 AM

I don't know if there are any official rules about bad language, but if he just chooses not to play, you'll still get the win in 4 days, so I'm not sure what he thinks he's accomplishing by refusing to play.

RE: Poor behavior coming in Outwitters? - aaronINdayton - 01-25-2013 07:47 AM

Next time don't gg till the game ends Wink

Also, I'm pretty sure you can report players by contacting the devs. There's a link for that around here somewhere.

RE: Poor behavior coming in Outwitters? - Ser Purple Wolf - 01-25-2013 10:23 AM

You're MagicGuy! I wanted say some not so nice things when you beat me! Tongue
It's ok though because we are paired again on the same map as the same people. Wink
Also, I hardly ever say GG. Mostly due to apathy.

RE: Poor behavior coming in Outwitters? - TheGreatErenan - 01-25-2013 01:04 PM

I say "Gg" early, but only when my opponent is going to win next turn. That way, they know that I am a well adjusted individual who is capable of differentiating between my imperfect Outwitters skill and my value as a human being, and they needn't feel bad about beating me, because I don't feel bad for losing. Some people are not capable of doing this, and saying rude things is their means of responding to the anxiety caused them by this incapacity.

Um... I mean... try not to let it get to you. At least you won! Smile Tongue

RE: Poor behavior coming in Outwitters? - garcia1000 - 01-25-2013 01:23 PM

Some internet people hate when the winner says "gg" first, because they think it is taunting or gloating. That's the internet custom.

RE: Poor behavior coming in Outwitters? - GoHeat 3 - 01-25-2013 01:32 PM

(01-25-2013 01:04 PM)Erenan Wrote:  I say "Gg" early, but only when my opponent is going to win next turn. That way, they know that I am a well adjusted individual who is capable of differentiating between my imperfect Outwitters skill and my value as a human being, and they needn't feel bad about beating me, because I don't feel bad for losing. Some people are not capable of doing this, and saying rude things is their means of responding to the anxiety caused them by this incapacity.

Um... I mean... try not to let it get to you. At least you won! Smile Tongue

This is exactly what I do!

RE: Poor behavior coming in Outwitters? - EkoFox - 01-25-2013 02:11 PM

I used to "gg" (Actually I "Good Game"d) and Resign when I was going to lose the next turn, but then I got comments like "Why'd you give up? You still could have won." and I had to actually explain to them how they could have won. Now I never assume they know they can win. Tongue

RE: Poor behavior coming in Outwitters? - alexjiang1 - 01-25-2013 02:13 PM

Ya, Ive had a person tell me GG the turn before they won, pissed me off, wait until you actually win or when I give up, but Im not gonna cuss them out as this community is great. I agree garcia, it comes off as cocky

RE: Poor behavior coming in Outwitters? - Phyresis - 01-25-2013 02:39 PM

I only ever do that in games where my opponent was extremely BM. Like in the game in my sig, that guy was calling me a cheater, and cussing me out all game long, until the game swung in my favor, then he shut up real fast =D