One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Sign of being demoted? - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Sign of being demoted? (/showthread.php?tid=1481)

Sign of being demoted? - vegaprom - 01-19-2013 08:17 PM

I'm now in Gifted League but now I'm facing many opponents in Clever League. Around now almost every new league games my opponent is in Clever. Is that a sign of being demoted? T_T

RE: Sign of being demoted? - TheQwertiest - 01-19-2013 08:24 PM

i think a sign that you are close to getting demoted is your opponent getting very low points for beating you. and yeah i think it starts when you start getting paired with lower leagues. (if youve been losing a lot then you start getting paired with lower leagues)

RE: Sign of being demoted? - vegaprom - 01-19-2013 08:30 PM

(01-19-2013 08:24 PM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  i think a sign that you are close to getting demoted is your opponent getting very low points for beating you. and yeah i think it starts when you start getting paired with lower leagues.

I think so, my loss rate may overcome my win rate. If I'm about to lose, my opponent will play a while after my last turn. But if I'm about to win, my opponent will take a day or more before he will make his next turn.

Should I stall the game that I'm going to lose? At first I think if I'm about to lose I had better lose and start a new game. (Not to waste my game slot)

RE: Sign of being demoted? - joelduque - 01-19-2013 08:36 PM

It is always better for your hidden ranking in the long-term to lose first especially if league ranking does not matter to you.