One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Do females play Outwitters? - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Do females play Outwitters? (/showthread.php?tid=1365)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Do females play Outwitters? - Necrocat219 - 01-09-2013 05:28 AM

Haha, to be fair my avatar right now is my most bland one, I think it's just assumed I'm a guy here, here are some of my previous avatars

[Image: ID_for_necrocat219_by_PsUnNa.png]

[Image: fanart_para_thezeldanegativo_by_ixcuinan-d31p3rv.png]

[Image: file.php?avatar=1428_1356372085.jpg]

[Image: Psunna_chi_style_by_PsUnNa_zps1cba88ba.png]

[Image: tumblr_lm9yz1RQcJ1qk92x2o1_500.gif]

[Image: Giko_L_by_whirlingwind.jpg]

[Image: necroax_licking_cat_icon_by_necroax_kun-d4g60t4.gif]

[Image: yande.re%20140008%20angel_beats%21%20mot...tenshi.jpg]

[Image: Chen.full.979388.jpg]

(Yeah I left this until last deliberately)

RE: Do females play Outwitters? - ImperialSun - 01-09-2013 05:34 AM

Ah, for some of them I can see people assuming you're female. Still, as a rule of thumb I tend to assume the opposite!

(01-09-2013 05:22 AM)Harti Wrote:  
(01-09-2013 04:26 AM)ImperialSun Wrote:  Szei is definitely male. I live in the same house as him so I would know Tongue
So... did you check that? Big Grin

I suspect you are Szei, too! Big Grin

Hm. Well, no more than I check the random people I meet on the street. Usually it's pretty easy to tell though from a cursory glance, much less living in the same house. I don't think my male or female housemates would appreciate me checking any closer even if I say it's for the sake of science!

As for being the same person, not sure where you would get that idea but I can't really prove it to you. Unless you want to fly to the US!

RE: Do females play Outwitters? - GoHeat 3 - 01-09-2013 07:47 AM

(01-09-2013 05:34 AM)ImperialSun Wrote:  Ah, for some of them I can see people assuming you're female. Still, as a rule of thumb I tend to assume the opposite!

(01-09-2013 05:22 AM)Harti Wrote:  
(01-09-2013 04:26 AM)ImperialSun Wrote:  Szei is definitely male. I live in the same house as him so I would know Tongue
So... did you check that? Big Grin

I suspect you are Szei, too! Big Grin

Hm. Well, no more than I check the random people I meet on the street. Usually it's pretty easy to tell though from a cursory glance, much less living in the same house. I don't think my male or female housemates would appreciate me checking any closer even if I say it's for the sake of science!

As for being the same person, not sure where you would get that idea but I can't really prove it to you. Unless you want to fly to the US!
I'm pretty sure Harti is saying this because Szei and CombatEX are the same person!Tongue it's just a joke lol unless you are Szei...

RE: Do females play Outwitters? - Judment - 01-09-2013 07:51 AM

I think i have played ten or so games against people with girl woman etc in their GC name but half of those may have been guys :0

Although i did once play a person called something like 'dave or shelley or michael'

RE: Do females play Outwitters? - daHsu - 01-09-2013 09:23 AM

I usually assume my opponents are male... it's kind of like most other video games, where most people are guys. And on the poll, what does "I am a male, but I'd like to be a female (for a few days at least)" mean? Like, a female in real life, or on the game?

RE: Do females play Outwitters? - game_taker - 01-09-2013 12:23 PM

(01-09-2013 09:23 AM)daHsu Wrote:  I usually assume my opponents are male... it's kind of like most other video games, where most people are guys. And on the poll, what does "I am a male, but I'd like to be a female (for a few days at least)" mean? Like, a female in real life, or on the game?

I like to assume my opponent undergoes agamogenesis in order to reproduce, this way their gender doesn't matter.

RE: Do females play Outwitters? - 2dhh - 01-09-2013 01:31 PM

The poll is seriously skewed... It's worse than an engineering class!

RE: Do females play Outwitters? - laYahooz - 01-09-2013 03:30 PM

Love the Link kitty necrocat!

RE: Do females play Outwitters? - Mr.Banger - 01-09-2013 03:44 PM

I didnt know emuchu was a woman? I thought she was a guy. I know havarnold is a woman though

RE: Do females play Outwitters? - Lrimas - 01-09-2013 06:22 PM

Despite being female, I always assume people I'm playing against (and I speak to) are male until I'm proved wrong. I do this for a very good reason: a girl is unlikely to mind that I assume she is a guy, while a guy is very likely to be offended if I assume he is a girl.

As one of my friends said: "When I'm on public transport I would much rather let a pregnant lady stand than to make a fat lady cry." Smile