One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Do females play Outwitters? - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Do females play Outwitters? (/showthread.php?tid=1365)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Do females play Outwitters? - burnodrod - 01-09-2013 03:31 AM

Just out of curiosity, do you happen to know at least one girl playing Outwitters? I have a feeling that this game is played only by guys. Although, I know girls playing chess and checkers ...

RE: Do females play Outwitters? - Gf!sh - 01-09-2013 03:50 AM

I always thought Szei was female...

RE: Do females play Outwitters? - Necrocat219 - 01-09-2013 03:52 AM

The only players on the forum that are female (well could be more ofc) are Saren and Emuchu, it seems like a unisex game to me yet there's such a small female section. Maybe there's the whole anymousity thing going on.

RE: Do females play Outwitters? - the duck - 01-09-2013 03:52 AM

I thinck we talk about it in previous thread and the answer is that there is a females who play Outwitter but there is much more males.
I actually don't understand why there are so few females compared to male, I mean they even have thire own race the race with the most happy units, that's right the Feedback.

RE: Do females play Outwitters? - TheGreatErenan - 01-09-2013 04:07 AM

@the duck: Hahaha. Smile

There are definitely females playing, and probably more than one might think. We have a female member in Diamond League (cardgirl), and as you said, Saren and Emuchu are female. I have played against others who were female, but I wouldn't have known except that I added them as friends on Game Center and realized they had female names and pictures.

RE: Do females play Outwitters? - ImperialSun - 01-09-2013 04:26 AM

Emuchu is female? I never knew despite being in the same clan. Also, I'm pretty sure harvarnold is female.

Szei is definitely male. I live in the same house as him so I would know Tongue
(01-09-2013 03:52 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  Maybe there's the whole anymousity thing going on.

Anonymity? Or do you mean the unfortunate animosity toward females in some online communities? Either one makes sense. I don't think female players need to worry about that so much here though since this community seems more mature than the norm.

RE: Do females play Outwitters? - Necrocat219 - 01-09-2013 04:42 AM

I meant anonymity, but the other definitely applies... it's unfortunate and they both affect each other. Usually when a person doesn't note their gender down (thats what I do so that people don't judge me) Alot of guys assume they are male. One person talking to that person as if they are a guy builds up a profile that they are most likely male, even though they are female.

Personally a (funny?) thing I find is because I like cute and fluffy artwork and use that sort of stuff for most of my avatars and because of my name a whole forum thought I was female and acted courteously towards me until I pointed it out... O_o
Ah I didn't notice... you might want to add female but wants to be male for a short time.

RE: Do females play Outwitters? - TheGreatErenan - 01-09-2013 04:43 AM

P.S. The earlier thread about this is here.

RE: Do females play Outwitters? - ImperialSun - 01-09-2013 05:07 AM

(01-09-2013 04:42 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  Personally a (funny?) thing I find is because I like cute and fluffy artwork and use that sort of stuff for most of my avatars and because of my name a whole forum thought I was female and acted courteously towards me until I pointed it out... O_o

I always assumed you were a guy anyway. Maybe I'm weird? I guess I assume everyone is a guy until proven otherwise. I didn't know Emuchu was female despite the mobi avatar for example. I guess I don't find it so hard to believe that guys can like "cute and fluffy" things too. What's wrong with that? Tongue What I find funny though is that Gfich assumed Szei was a female. Maybe he changed his avatar at some point (actually I just noticed he doesn't even have one)? I haven't been around since the beginning and I know first impressions from things like avatars can last a long time even if it is just subconscious. For example, Harti's avatar used to be a sprite of a male, but maybe if I had only seen his current one I might have thought he was female? Who knows?

RE: Do females play Outwitters? - Harti - 01-09-2013 05:22 AM

(01-09-2013 04:26 AM)ImperialSun Wrote:  Szei is definitely male. I live in the same house as him so I would know Tongue
So... did you check that? Big Grin

I suspect you are Szei, too! Big Grin