One Man Left Studios Community Forums
What device do you play on? - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: What device do you play on? (/showthread.php?tid=1309)

Pages: 1 2

What device do you play on? - Judment - 01-02-2013 11:24 PM

Just as the title says, which device do you play outwitters on and why?

Me for example, I play on my iPhone and my iPad. My iPhone because I have unlimited Internet everywhere in the uk and my iPad when at home in Germany (Boarding School in Scotland so I flit between countries) but I prefer to play on my iPad because I can see the whole map. So how about you?

RE: What device do you play on? - Gf!sh - 01-03-2013 12:05 AM

I play on iPad because... I only have an iPad Tongue

RE: What device do you play on? - Harti - 01-03-2013 12:43 AM

I ceased having Outwitters installed on my iPhone for several reasons:
- The push notifications wouldn't go away when I opened the game on the iPad
- I kept tapping games all the time because I thought there were new chat messages but they were only "new" on this device and could as well have been my own messages
- The iPhone 4 doesn't seem to have sufficient hardware to fluently display everything
- I don't want to be playing all day and night, especially not when socializing. I want to play the game when I'm in a context that I would use the iPad in (i.e. leisure)
- The device's storage is 16GB only and Outwitters would take nearly 400 MB which is the largest application after Music and Photos on my iPhone.
- I feel more comfortable with the bigger screen size as the whole map fits into it.

RE: What device do you play on? - the duck - 01-03-2013 01:37 AM

I like to play on my Ipod because I only have Ipod but all so because i can play Outwitters in shcool by using the lab's wifi (which I not suppose to use buy I have a friend from the inside who gave me the password code).

RE: What device do you play on? - Tenrabbits - 01-03-2013 02:11 AM

I play on ipad and iphone, but I have a terrible habit of playing on the phone when I'm in the pub, then waking up the next day to find that the marvellous tactics I'd been using after 7 pints of Heineken hadn't left me in as strong a position as I had thought..

RE: What device do you play on? - Emuchu - 01-03-2013 03:59 AM

I think we're all leaving out the top reason to play Outwitters on the iPad! Seeing the whole map is all well and good, but playing on iPad, I've never had a single mis-click. Maybe a brain-fart, or an immediately regretted move into the fog, but I enjoy playing on the iPad because I don't have to worry about unintentional moves.

RE: What device do you play on? - Jakeyboy20 - 01-03-2013 04:26 AM

I used to play on an ipod and I'd have hilarious misclicks all the time but I got an iPad for Christmas and no more misclicks (or scrolling on the map) Big Grin

RE: What device do you play on? - Bluegodzill - 01-03-2013 04:50 AM

I play on the IPad because I have one too. I used to play on the iPad 1, then got an iPad 2, the frame rate became super better because of the iPad 2.

RE: What device do you play on? - GoHeat 3 - 01-03-2013 05:12 AM

I play on the iPad 3 and the game looks fantastic!

RE: What device do you play on? - Burnt.Popcorn - 01-03-2013 06:04 AM

I typically play on my iPhone, because that is what I have with me. But if I'm at home I'll be on the iPad. It helps being able to see the whole map at once!